• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IL RINO introduces new AWB

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

I see the DNC and GOP finding agreement once again to pass the screwing on to us. After Obama makes his statement in favor of it that should be followed by McCain's statement that he's in favor of some of it.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
longwatch wrote:
FE427TP wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Same old ban as the original, just no expiration date.

read section 5 (2)
Whoops, thats what happens when you assume something.
What's the point of even making the law if you require it to expire after a certain period of time? What does such a law accomplish?
Makes it palatable, looks good, the expiration date is just fine print. Hell I didn't know there was a sunset in the first AWB for 8 years.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Don't they realize that when the Revolution begins, these ridiculous laws will be be ignoredanyway?

"Gee General Washington, I'd like to join the Revolution, but the King said I'll be guilty of treason if I take arms against his troops!"

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh yeah, in case you wanted to drop this clown a note:

Congressman Mark Steven Kirk

Washington, DC Office
1030 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: 202-225-4835
Fax: 202-225-0837

Northbrook Office
707 Skokie Boulevard, Suite 350
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: 847-940-0202
Fax: 847-940-7143

Introduced byKommandant Kirk and Ko-Sponsored by:

Michael Castle R-DE
Michael Ferguson R-NJ
Christopher Shays R-CT

Outsider

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Outsider wrote:
So this a House Bill right meaning we have to write our Representatives in the House. Probably should write to our Senators as well.

House of Representatives List:
http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Senators List:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Start writing!!!

And these clowns are Republican? Holy crap! I just might go Independant.
Do your research he's not the only anti-gun Republican around. Kasich, Warner, Romney, Guliani, Arnold to name five. Not to mention are favorite Bloomberg that makes six.

Outsider

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Well I've written my congressman about it. Would it be taboo to write all of them in Texas?
I was wondering the same thing. I know who my district Congressman and Senator are, but thinking if writing the others would be good or not since I'm not in their district.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Outsider wrote:
DopaVash wrote:
Well I've written my congressman about it. Would it be taboo to write all of them in Texas?
I was wondering the same thing. I know who my district Congressman and Senator are, but thinking if writing the others would be good or not since I'm not in their district.

hey outsider how doI know what district I live in?

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

usSiR wrote:
Outsider wrote:
DopaVash wrote:

Enter your zipcode here

BillMCyrus

imported post

What's the point of even making the law if you require it to expire after a certain period of time? What does such a law accomplish? 
Sunset provisions are a great thing for many laws as they allow for assessment of the usefulness of such laws. I for one thing every dime the state and federal budgets spend should be mandatory to have individual sunset clauses--stuff like the Strategic Helium Reserve (yes it does exist) and the national education association need to go bye bye because they have outlived their usefulness by several decades.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
usSiR wrote:
Outsider wrote:
DopaVash wrote:

Enter your zipcode here

According this info it's Chris Cannon. But THANK HEAVENS it changed to Jason Chaffetz last night. And he is on OUR side.

TJ