• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red Lobster

Bundabar

imported post

I'm new to opencarry.org and have love reading the forums. I figured I'd contribute my own little bit.

I went to the Red Lobster by the Spotsy mall for dinner one night with my wife. I normally CC but was OC because they serve alcohol.While waiting for a tableone gentlemen whispered to me that I was "hanging out". (I normally carry a G-27 Sub-compact under my shirt). I talked with him about what Virginia law says about carrying in restaurants and he seemed suprised that I had to have my firearm visible.

Bundabar

imported post

As I said... I'm new to this. I didn't mean to post a new topic, sorry, I actually wanted to post it under the Fredericksburg area section :p

eyesopened

imported post

Mike wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Just an FYI, Red Lobster is not friendly to gun owners: http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red%20Lobster
Yeah, but lately the word is they don;t care - at some point, they should be taken off the gun owners' unfriendly list
But why remove them when their corporate policy is against us? It's nice that the individual establishments don't enforce, but I'm still not patronizing them and besides I don't like the food - LOL

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Mike wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Just an FYI, Red Lobster is not friendly to gun owners: http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red%20Lobster
Yeah, but lately the word is they don;t care - at some point, they should be taken off the gun owners' unfriendly list
But why remove them when their corporate policy is against us? It's nice that the individual establishments don't enforce, but I'm still not patronizing them and besides I don't like the food - LOL
Well, that's thing - what is "corp" policy? Was there ever one? How do we know?

Harper1227

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Mike wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Interesting. I didn't know they had a negative corporate policy. We've never had any problems. As anyone written corporate to try and get them to change the policy? I do like the food! I would hate to have to stop going there. The one in woodbride has always accepted us.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've never had a problem at the Red Lobster here in Lynchburg, although I don't go there often. I'd read the warning about Red Lobster policy on the VCDL website when I moved to VA last year, but thought I'd try my luck anyway and have never had an issue. It may be up to each manager, however, to implement the policy if there really is one. As longs as I receive no hassles, I'll gladly go back. :)

occva

imported post

I ate at the Red Lobster in Lynchburg last month. My only problem was the lousy food and service. It won't take an anti-gun policy to keep me from going back.

Tacitus

imported post

I think it's interesting that a stranger not knowledgeable about VA law was polite enough to want to help some one avoid what he thought was a problem. Sounds like a potential ally to the cause.

marine2000

imported post

I was in red Lobster about two weeks ago . It's situated on Van Dorn Street , Alexandria.

I personally know the manager there and she is a sweetheart.

Never once had an issue with OC there.

Paragon

imported post

I've OC'd a few times and done the "Virginia Carry" a few times in Red Lobster in Spotsy. Never had a problem.