Thread: New here - Have some questions

Post imported post

First off, would like to say hello to everyone as I have been looking around this website for a few days now. I am also a member on AR15.COM, Glocktalk, Thehighroad, Thefiringling, and MichiganGunOwners Forum. I enjoy hunting and shooting and I have not yet turned 21, but do own many handguns, so am considering OC'ing. I have two questions, I live in Livonia and am a little apprehensive to OC because of all of the people down here who know nothing about firearms and become frightened with a bad thunderstorm. So my question is, does anyone OC in my area - Livonia, Novi, Northville, Westland, Garden city, Canton, Plymouth, Ann Arbor areas? What have been your experiences?

Secondly, I have one other question. I love my IWB holster it is super comfortable, do I need an OWB holster, or can I just tuck my shirt in?

Thanks all!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

DodgeThisSpringfield wrote:
    First off, would like to say hello to everyone as I have been looking around this website for a few days now. I am also a member on AR15.COM, Glocktalk, Thehighroad, Thefiringling, and MichiganGunOwners Forum. I enjoy hunting and shooting and I have not yet turned 21, but do own many handguns, so am considering OC'ing. I have two questions, I live in Livonia and am a little apprehensive to OC because of all of the people down here who know nothing about firearms and become frightened with a bad thunderstorm. So my question is, does anyone OC in my area - Livonia, Novi, Northville, Westland, Garden city, Canton, Plymouth, Ann Arbor areas? What have been your experiences?

Secondly, I have one other question. I love my IWB holster it is super comfortable, do I need an OWB holster, or can I just tuck my shirt in?

Thanks all!

Become very familiar with the laws in regards to transporting your handgun. Also I would use a holster that is more exposed not less, just to be safe. Expect to get challenged because of your age. Just make sure your ducks are in a row and you don't give them any opening to arrest you. The only thing we are not sure on is transporting your handgun to public property as the last lawful purposed mentioned in the law states that you can transport your handgun from your home to any private property. This may mean you can't park at a public lot, we don't know for sure, I have asked a few lawyers this and they were not sure.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

It appears from a review of Livonia Ordinances that they dont have any (illegal) laws prohibiting legal carry of a pistol. Just make sure you know what constitutes open carry.

Post imported post

I planed to store it as I always would if transporting it to the range.