• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trying to decide.

Boostaholic

imported post

Impact is ok, but they almost never have what I'm looking for and Sportsmans does so I usually got there.

You get a 30 day free range pass when you buy a gun at impact.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Boise Gun Company close to Veterns and Chinden has treated me well. OC friendly, honest answers to questions, and a local store to support.

Hiredgun30

imported post

i like going to impact guns or cabelas.. I have had negative experiences at sportsmens warehouse and boise gun company..
EVERYTIME i have been to sportsmens to see if they have any firearms i would be interested in buying, I have been ignored.
they would be 2 to 3 employees at the gun counter helping one customer and wouldnt even say a word to me. I only got help when i started counting my money in my hand. by that time i let them know i would be going else where.since then i have not been in.
the best kept secret for ammo in caldwell is Pennywise drug..I found a box of
9mm black talon ammo there.

as far as boise gun company,
i get treated like an idiot there and the prices are inflated..lol

Seabolt

Ada County. (now ogden, layton area), Idaho, USA
imported post

Thanks for the recomendations. i checked out Cabelas and Impact today. No one would talk to me at Cabelas while i was in front of the .45's. but when i walked to the 22's they came over real fast. and when i told them i was interest in the glock he seemed unapproving and said he didnt like glock, but he did go out of his way to see if they had any used ones come in in the back. and checked invintory at other stores.But they stillwanted a full benji more than impact. and the lady i talked to at impact was very informative and helpful. So far impactlooks the best. Plus they are having a big sale saturday...I'm going to go check out sportsman's and Boise gun company tomorrow. and some place next to my house called alpha omega. I plan to be joining in the oc fun around town soon.

Hiredgun30

imported post

dont forget that glock makes 2 styles of model 30 now.
the old model 30 and the new model 30sf.(small frame)
you can tell the difference on the magazines,
the new magazines have a metal strip exposed infront of the magazine.
I read that the new SF mags wont work in the old model 30 guns.
just to be safe , check it before u buy..

Seabolt

imported post

So i just left a gun shop by my house.

When i walked in i browsed abit, then asked what price they could offer for the glock 30. The first response was "this is a glock free zone.." Whaaa. ok.I was then informed that the store will no longer carry glocks after they sell their last few. I was told about glocks blowing up all the time. and being banned from many gun ranges. It seemed like they made a bigger deal out of the whole thing than it really is.

Can someone else verifiy this opinion on the glocks. and their habit to blow up. with being banned from gun ranges and all.

I did however check out a nice XD. and am now a bit undecided between the Glock 30 and The 4"compact XD

Eagleeye

imported post

Seabolt wrote:
When i walked in i browsed abit, then asked what price they could offer for the glock 30. The first response was "this is a glock free zone.." Whaaa. ok.I was then informed that the store will no longer carry glocks after they sell their last few. I was told about glocks blowing up all the time. and being banned from many gun ranges. It seemed like they made a bigger deal out of the whole thing than it really is.
BS.

"Some" Older G22's did have that problem with higher than normal power ammo due to a casing support issue, but the newer ones don't have that problem, and I have yet to hear of "Any" Range Banning them.

With an attitude like that I would take my $$$ elsewhere.

Hiredgun30

imported post

Iam wondering if it was the gun dealer who PRETENDS to be a former border patrol agent with exaggerated credentials.

we just had all 300 of our security staff at my prison requalify with glock 22's
each officer fired 50 rounds each.
300 officers firing 50 rounds each = 15,000 rounds fired with no squib rounds or no blown up glocks.

I dont ever believe the hype.

Seabolt

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
BS.

"Some" Older G22's did have that problem with higher than normal power ammo due to a casing support issue, but the newer ones don't have that problem, and I have yet to hear of "Any" Range Banning them.

With an attitude like that I would take my $$$ elsewhere.
Ya the story didn't seem to stack up. I told him that i had read before that it was the older 22s that had the issue and it had since been resolved... but he insisted that all Glock's have the problem, i just cant imagine Glock staying in business and having so many Glockaholics if it was as big of a deal as he said. but then i also feel that he may have just been trying to push off his stock of XD's. considering all the xd propoganda(posters and signs) that were everywhere. But the xd was a nice gun. I still like the G30 better tho.

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey seabolt.. i have a friend with a FFL who sells guns as a hobby.. He has no overhead costs, so he sells them for 30.00 more then what he gets them for.
he said he could save u 100.00 or more on the glock because the mark up around idaho is ridiculious.

i payed less the 445.00 for a brand new model 31 in 357 sig...
573.00 every where else if not more..