Thread: Norfolk PD OC awareness

Post imported post

I was told that the Norfolk PD now teaches it's new recruits about open carry.

The funny part is, they are using my picture and are given specific instructions that if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.

Does anyone else know of this?

Post imported post

HAHAHAHA!! Thats would be great! I have not heard anything, as I am not from that area, but will hopefully be coming down that was in August for vacation.

-muzz

Post imported post

danbus wrote:

The funny part is, they are using my picture and are given specific instructions that if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.

Did they get your permission to use your picture? I'd ask for royalties..! :celebrate j/k

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

That picture doesn't have a 10 ring on it ....does it?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.

Yeah.. I know of it.. except you are wrong. If they get a "man with a gun call".. they know it is me.. If they get a "BLACK MAN WITH A GUN" call.. THEN they know it's YOU!!!

P.S. Nice meeting you at the picnic.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Banned

Post imported post

danbus wrote:

LOL that is too funny !

Post imported post

Dan,

This smells of a 14th amendment violation waiting to happen. Anybody else can get arrested on bogus charges, but the Norfolk PD now seems to be discriminating against your civil right to sue them for being doofuses.

Probably need to petition for an injunction against their discrimination or get a writ of mandamus forcing them to let you sue them just like everybody else.

BTW, since I suggested it, I claim a 10% "finder's fee" on all money you collect. :celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Dan - maybe you could offer to be a teaching aid for the police classes?

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    They could make a "Monty Python" like training film. Danbus is minding his own business when Norfolk cops falsely arrest him. Then a huge lawyer's foot in a Gucci loafer comes down and crushes the cops.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Well as long as he is not a target.

Maybe he could be Sensei Dan.

Post imported post

I'll bet they are using Chet's picture too! If they see him they are probably instructed to RUN!!!!!
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LOL....I need to get me a "White Man With a Gun" hat!

Too cool Danbus!

Post imported post

Give the NPD a call and ask how to get a copy of their training lecture. Even better yet ask if you could sit in on that lecture.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Yeah! People can go on police ride-alongs...why not sit-alongs? Maybe Danbus could go to the training sessions and stand up for the recruits after his picture is shown so they can talk with him directly and let him answer any questions they might have.

:celebrate

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I think he should apply for employment with Norfolk PD.

Field training officer. He can teach the recruits.

And I mean this in a good sort of way of course.
    If they hired him, they would probablyban him from carrying while on duty.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    I think he should apply for employment with Norfolk PD.

Field training officer. He can teach the recruits.

And I mean this in a good sort of way of course.
    If they hired him, they would probablyban him from carrying while on duty.
    And he could hand out VCDL membership cards as well as OCDO info....

Post imported post

Dan, I am printing out the color pic, enlarging it a little to fully cover my face, cut it out and put one of those elastic bands on it to cover my face so that I won't have any problems when I goto Norfolk. Thanks for the laugh.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    SNIP The funny part is, they are using my picture and are given specific instructions that if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.

What this tells me, if true,is that they are willing to let officers potentially violate everybody elses' (OC'ers) rights; but they are going to be damn careful if its Danbus.

"Ultra-sensitive. This guy knows his law cold. Do not approach. We do not trust that you won't make a mistake and get us all in hot water. However, lots of others may not know the law so well, so go ahead."

Or, perhaps, they do not want to take a chance on an officer doing anythingillegal that, when viewed in light of previous encounters, can possibly be called harassment against Danbus. Meaning, they're more concerned about harassment against Danbus but not the rest of us, and mainly because Danbus has enough info stacked up to make it hurt.

What they really need to do is something along the lines of what was reported through the grapevine some time back about a NoVA police agency. I can't recall which one, but the word was supposedly that officers were told, "Don't mess with the OC'ers. They know the law better than you do."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    Dan,* I am printing out the color pic, enlarging it a little to fully cover my face, cut it out and put one of those elastic bands on it to cover my face....
    Someone's been playing too much Team Fortress 2....

"Gentleman...."

Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    danbus wrote:
    SNIP The funny part is, they are using my picture and are given specific instructions that if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.
    [SNIP]
    What they really need to do is something along the lines of what was reported through the grapevine some time back about a NoVA police agency. I can't recall which one, but the word was supposedly that officers were told, "Don't mess with the OC'ers. They know the law better than you do."
    Danbus, great job!

I think our goal is to get ALL the Virginia law-enforcement agencies to adopt that policy. God knows it's true for the Richmond PD.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" -- P.J. O'Rourke