• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk PD OC awareness

AbNo

imported post

sccrref wrote:
Dan,  I am printing out the color pic, enlarging it a little to fully cover my face, cut it out and put one of those elastic bands on it to cover my face....

Someone's been playing too much Team Fortress 2.... :lol:

tf2spy1im3gw4.png

"Gentleman...."

achievementhelp0001sx6.jpg

FreeRoy

imported post

Citizen wrote:
danbus wrote:
SNIP The funny part is, they are using my picture and are given specific instructions that if they receive a "man with a gun" call and it's me, that they are to ask a supervisor before approaching me.
[SNIP]
What they really need to do is something along the lines of what was reported through the grapevine some time back about a NoVA police agency. I can't recall which one, but the word was supposedly that officers were told, "Don't mess with the OC'ers. They know the law better than you do."

Danbus, great job!

I think our goal is to get ALL the Virginia law-enforcement agencies to adopt that policy. God knows it's true for the Richmond PD.

Sheriff

imported post

Citizen wrote:
.....but the word was supposedly that officers were told, "Don't mess with the OC'ers. They know the law better than you do."
And instead of preaching this to the troops, they should be training the troops. :banghead: