• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

About to bust my OC cherry with the warm weather coming

bayfire66

imported post

Wish me luck guys!!!! With all this nice weather coming I feel it's time to bust my OC cherry. Kinda scared but not really.I really don't feel like dealing with LEOs but I think I'm ready.

amlevin

imported post

The Lake Stevens LEO's are a fairly reasonable bunch. Gung Ho butwell trained. Take your "Information Packet" with you.

I run into them a lot at the range and find them to be pretty sharp on the law. Behave yourself and be polite if stopped. You should be fine.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
Wish me luck guys!!!! With all this nice weather coming I feel it's time to bust my OC cherry. Kinda scared but not really.I really don't feel like dealing with LEOs but I think I'm ready.
Good luck man! Be confdent that will be your first line of defense. Act like you know what you are doing, and what you are doing is right.

If a cop stops you, well you've seen a lot of different ideas on how to deal with it. My suggestion, get it over with as quickly as possible and take the matter up with his/her superiors.

I don't think you will have any problems though. More and more the word is getting around.

Good luck and let us know how things go!

dlnwoody

imported post

I officially busted my OC cheery today in lakewood. Went to the rite aid on bridgeport to get the wife some medicine ( the stuff behind the counter). No one said a word. Then it was off to 7-11 for a slushy. Walked by three employes strong sided and not a single word. I will admit I was nervous on the inside but don't think I showed it in my behavior. Thanks to all the great people that put their time and effort into helping others to do's and don'ts of OCing.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
I officially busted my OC cheery today in lakewood. Went to the rite aid on bridgeport to get the wife some medicine ( the stuff behind the counter). No one said a word. Then it was off to 7-11 for a slushy. Walked by three employes strong sided and not a single word. I will admit I was nervous on the inside but don't think I showed it in my behavior. Thanks to all the great people that put their time and effort into helping others to do's and don'ts of OCing.
I was just thinking yesterday if you OCed yet.. Good for you man. I'll be home in about 3 weeks and we have to hang out andOCing together.

PT111

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Is it just me, or are our first-OC metaphors turning more and more to the naughty side?
Sometimes the remarks about OC remind me of a 10 year-old boys talking about looking at the ladies underwear section of the Sears catalog.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PT111 wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
Is it just me, or are our first-OC metaphors turning more and more to the naughty side?
Sometimes the remarks about OC remind me of a 10 year-old boys talking about looking at the ladies underwear section of the Sears catalog.
You still got those catalogues?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

antispam540 wrote:

I would say something in agreement, but I think that the genteel fellas who named my state had something besides new territory in mind.

(Thoselast four words wereunintentional, but I think I'll let themstand. :))

PT111

imported post

irfner wrote:
PT111 wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
You still got those catalogues?
I think Sears quit with their catalog several years ago. :( Besides National Geographic was better. :)