• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc meeting in Warren

Haman J.T.

imported post

I am interested in an OC meeting in Warren any time, any where. I recently sent registered letters to Sheriff Hackel and Police Commissioner Dwyer noting, MCL 123.1102, MCRGO v Ferndale, Article 1 sec. 6 " Every person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of HIMSELF and the state ", MSP Did You Know? May 2007 etc. and they were recieved. I also sent the same to, the Macomb Daily, The Detroit News and the NRA General Council. I requested they review their 911 " man with a gun " reporting policy too! Anyone interested?

ChuckB

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
ChuckB wrote:
I would be interested, Warren is not that far from me (downriver).
Where are you from ChukB? Update your profile to show at least your area, and at the very least, the state. Remember to choose a country so the state dropdown appears. :dude:
Done

SpringerXDacp

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I am interested in an OC meeting in Warren any time, any where. I recently sent registered letters to Sheriff Hackel and Police Commissioner Dwyer noting, MCL 123.1102, MCRGO v Ferndale, Article 1 sec. 6 " Every person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of HIMSELF and the state ", MSP Did You Know? May 2007 etc. and they were recieved. I also sent the same to, the Macomb Daily, The Detroit News and the NRA General Council. I requested they review their 911 " man with a gun " reporting policy too! Anyone interested?

Hopefully, we can get down there this year. Right now we really need to get over to Grand Rapids. After that the East Flint Lions Club should be priority one. It will be held on September 12th and 13th. See thread.

Link for map:

EastFlintLionsClub

4352 Crosby Rd
Flint, MI 48506
(810) 736-1164

ETA: Invite to charity event http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12077.html

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm in for a Warren picnic. But we are trying to get one in Grand Rapids and one in Battle Creek. Also as mentioned the Lions CLub show. But if you get enough people interested from the Metro area...GO FOR IT.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Will do! Sounds great! We'll have the summer and fall to figure the where and when. I will run some ideas by you folks in a short time and we can get it done! Thanks!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Are you still puruing this get together? We could do one before the September charity event.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I still want to pursue this. Friday was mentioned as a day off and if all those who want,theres 7/18,7/25,8/1,8/8,8/15,8/22, for the next 6 weeks. Im available on all these days. I haven't set up a picnic before so I could use some help. I have a memorial park down the street thats about 10 acres just north of 696,between Hoover and VanDyke, east of I75 and west of I94. I will try to pay daily attention so we can get this done. I told my friend about it and he's telling his buddies.We just need a date.Any dates sound good for you folks?

Haman J.T.

imported post

That makes sense.That gives us 7/19,20,26,27- 8/2,3,9,10,16,17 to choose from in the next four weeks. If we can get a consensus on any of these dates I can provide directions. If not those dates we'll keep trying. All those interested choose a date and we will narrow it down to a day we can meet!

warlockmatized

imported post

I have Saturday 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23 ALL free to participate. ALSO would like to make sure the gathering is on an OFF day for Warchild and The Saturday Afternoon Shootout, so that he may attend if he chooses.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Ok for an off day for warchild.Any of those dates listed should be good. Put a date to an off day and we'll be close to action!

warlockmatized

imported post

Saturday 8/16/08??? It is a NO show date for Warchild. Once we agree on a date i believe we SHOULD edit the title of THIS thread to reflect the date. IF it cannot be edited for SOME reason, then a new thread should be started.