• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc meeting in Warren

Haman J.T.

imported post

Those who are ok with 8/16/08 in Warren can reply on this thread if they are following up here. I'll bring the date up on a new thread tomorrow and see who's up for it!

ChuckB

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Those who are ok with 8/16/08 in Warren can reply on this thread if they are following up here. I'll bring the date up on a new thread tomorrow and see who's up for it!
As of right now 8/16 looks OK for me, and I hopefullycan bring one or two friends to join the get together. Other than that 8/2 and 8/30 look promising, although if another Saturday is the best option for others I can probably swing it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I still want to pursue this. Friday was mentioned as a day off and if all those who want,theres 7/18,7/25,8/1,8/8,8/15,8/22, for the next 6 weeks. Im available on all these days. I haven't set up a picnic before so I could use some help. I have a memorial park down the street thats about 10 acres just north of 696,between Hoover and VanDyke, east of I75 and west of I94. I will try to pay daily attention so we can get this done. I told my friend about it and he's telling his buddies.We just need a date.Any dates sound good for you folks?

I can't do Fridays, the weekends are generally better for most people. I can make it most any weekend day. Count me in whenever you decide what day.

Also I have organized a few of these so I may be able to help if you need it. It's not really too hard. Set the time and day. If it's a cookout make sure you have a grill, trash bags and a place to set up. Everyone else brings food and soft drinks. I generally have people bring their own tableware, forks, plates, etc. I post a map on how to get to the park, I think that is helpful..

Venator

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
I have Saturday 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23 ALL free to participate. ALSO would like to make sure the gathering is on an OFF day for Warchild and The Saturday Afternoon Shootout, so that he may attend if he chooses.
I concur, me too as I would like to attend. The show is scheduled for July 26th, August 9th (my birthday), August 23rd, September 6th, so those days are out for Jerry and me. But don't let that be a deciding factor, if you do have it on the day of the show, you can call in and gives us a progress report like the GR guys did.

Venator

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Right now August 16th looks good to me. I'll also try and drag along some of my family.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Venator wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
I still want to pursue this. Friday was mentioned as a day off and if all those who want,theres 7/18,7/25,8/1,8/8,8/15,8/22, for the next 6 weeks. Im available on all these days. I haven't set up a picnic before so I could use some help. I have a memorial park down the street thats about 10 acres just north of 696,between Hoover and VanDyke, east of I75 and west of I94. I will try to pay daily attention so we can get this done. I told my friend about it and he's telling his buddies.We just need a date.Any dates sound good for you folks?

I can't do Fridays, the weekends are generally better for most people. I can make it most any weekend day. Count me in whenever you decide what day.

Also I have organized a few of these so I may be able to help if you need it. It's not really too hard. Set the time and day. If it's a cookout make sure you have a grill, trash bags and a place to set up. Everyone else brings food and soft drinks. I generally have people bring their own tableware, forks, plates, etc. I post a map on how to get to the park, I think that is helpful..
I only have a small propane grill but Im sure there are others who could bring theirs. I started another thread with 8/16 for the date, and that should help gettingit done.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Just a suggestion.

Due tothe membership agreeing on August 16, 2008 for theOC picnic, I think this thread should be locked so members will focus on the new OC Meeting in Warren thread.

Having two threads about the same event will cause confusion not only to current members, but also, to those who recently joined.

Moderators/members, if you agree please lock. If not, ignore my post. :)

Venator

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Just a suggestion.

Due tothe membership agreeing on August 16, 2008 for theOC picnic, I think this thread should be locked so members will focus on the new OC Meeting in Warren thread.

Having two threads about the same event will cause confusion not only to current members, but also, to those who recently joined.

The problem we have is we don't know who the Michigan moderator is. I have asked the founders to let me know who it is or let me be a moderator, but they never get back to me. So I generally ask one of the founders of the site to do it. They always do. So you can PM Mike and he can do it. here he is, Mike

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Just a suggestion.

The problem we have is we don't know who the Michigan moderator is. I have asked the founders to let me know who it is or let me be a moderator, but they never get back to me. So I generally ask one of the founders of the site to do it. They always do. So you can PM Mike and he can do it. here he is, Mike
PM sent.