• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Miss Tennessee tells media she carries for protection

Repeater

imported post

In her first interview since being crowned Miss Tennessee, Ellen Carrington explains why she packs:

New Miss Tennessee is straight-shooting volunteer

Newly crowned Miss Tennessee packs heat

Final try pays off big for new Miss Tennessee

[SNIP]
Ellen Carrington, 21, who was crowned Miss Tennessee on Saturday night, has a concealed weapons permit.

"I have a Smith & Wesson .40-caliber," Carrington told reporters on Sunday, "(with a) silver top and black body."

A Jackson native and senior at Union University, Carrington decided to get the permit because she was spending a lot of time traveling to and from Nashville at night. She said spending time at shooting ranges with her father, Pat, helped create an even deeper bond between the two.

I wonder if she would be willing to speak on behalf of all Americans who carry for protection?

Repeater

imported post

I forgot to include some pictures:

Scenic%20City%2008.jpg

bilde

Repeater

imported post

At the WBIR web site, Carrington is already getting bet up by comments posting sarcastic messages.

She's being defended, too. Some examples:

galaxie500xl wrote:
Tennessee's premit system does NOT require a firearm to be concealed. Last year, a KPD officer found this out when he stopped someone who had forgotten to cover his at a Wal-Mart. It resulted in a personal apology being issued by the KPD, and retraining of the police officers.

That being said, it's much smarter to conceal it, people don't get upset over what they don't see.
6/24/2008 12:14 PM EDT on WBIR.com

Molonlabe28 wrote:
Man, this makes me feel good all over.

Good for Ellen, because she refuses to be a victim.
6/24/2008 12:19 PM EDT on WBIR.com

ProudRepublican1 wrote:
I don't feel much safer with a bunch of people around me carrying handguns and believing a magic little man made them LOL, but I DO love my tax cuts for the rich! MCCAIN 08!
6/24/2008 12:25 PM EDT on WBIR.com

GrazesWithGoats wrote:
Hooray! Another youngster toting live fire arms. What a great role model for the youth.

God loves sinners and hates their sin. Doesn't mean he won't judge them or send wrath.
6/24/2008 1:44 PM EDT on WBIR.com

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Repeater wrote:
galaxie500xl wrote:

SNIP....people don't get upset over what they don't see.
6/24/2008 12:14 PM EDT on WBIR.com
Depends on whether they're seeing the swimsuit competition.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Beautiful, Intelligent, and responsible.... Now the next question... Married? haha, Nah I'm proud of her that she's taken her well being in to her own hands. Good girl!