• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olive Garden DNP

RiverTMasco

imported post

I have OCed at the Olive Garden in Silverdale quite a few times and not one person has ever said a word to me about it.

I was unaware of the policy and it is DEFINITELY not posted any where on the premises.

Is someone currently working on this still?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think this might be a WalMart situation sort of - they obvioulsy are not pro-gun, but appear not inclined to enforce a ban at most or all stores - I think the best plan might be to STOP pestering corporate office (they might start enforcing a ban) and just discreetly open carry as much as possible in Olive Gardens around WA and USA.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Olive Garden and Darden Restaurant's policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is that we do not allow firearms except those carried by law enforcement officers.

I am now waiting on the actual letter from Corporate and the regional manager.

edit: Darden Restaurants include
Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steak House, Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grill & Seasons 52 Fresh Grill

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steak House, Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grill & Seasons 52 Fresh Grill
I OC at Red Robin Silverdale often. No probelms. I agree with Mike. Let's not rock the boat.
The letter is already in the works and kind of hard to withdraw at this point. I have ate at both Federal Way and Tacoma while OC'ing and not had issues. I OC in Red Robin all the time and no issues either.

Red Robin has better food than Red Lobster - IMHO

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
I OC at Red Robin Silverdale often. No probelms. I agree with Mike. Let's not rock the boat.
The letter is already in the works and kind of hard to withdraw at this point. I have ate at both Federal Way and Tacoma while OC'ing and not had issues. I OC in Red Robin all the time and no issues either.

Well, if folks are easting in many or most of these restaurants, I say best to stop pushing for corp. to force them all to post - just keep carrying at all of them and make the local managers give up :)

RiverTMasco

imported post

Mike wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:

Well, if folks are easting in many or most of these restaurants, I say best to stop pushing for corp. to force them all to post - just keep carrying at all of them and make the local managers give up :)
Sounds good to me because I have OCed at Red Robin in Silverdale as well.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

UPdate: 7/9/08

Thank you for your patience while I conferred on your request for a written statement regarding firearms in Olive Garden.
>
> While Olive Garden creates procedures to share with employees, we do not produce a manual or statement to share publicly. We rely on our managers to communicate with our guests as the need arises. We have reviewed your clearly stated position as well as the law pertaining to firearms in the state of Washington. It is our position to restrict firearms from our restaurants, which the law allows under RCW 9.41.300(d). To achieve our goal of creating a pleasant dining experience, we feel our decision is in the best interest of our guests and employees. We trust that you will understand our position.

I have replied back that they are wrong on the RCW.
It is our position to restrict firearms from our restaurants, which the law allows under RCW 9.41.300(d).
RCW 9.41.300(d) pertains only to the portion of your establishment that is off limits to 21 and younger(the bar area). Since I can sit at a table with my children and have wine while dining clearly establishes that the entire facility does not fall under this section of the RCW. Have someone contact the Liquor Control Board for clarification.

Kildars

imported post

They do have a right to ban firearms on their property, however, that law does not allow them to. That is merely stating that you can not carry where alcohol is served and minors are prohibited. Shows how ignorant they are.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
I think this might be a WalMart situation sort of - they obvioulsy are not pro-gun, but appear not inclined to enforce a ban at most or all stores - I think the best plan might be to STOP pestering corporate office (they might start enforcing a ban) and just discreetly open carry as much as possible in Olive Gardens around WA and USA.

I disagree. How do you discreetly open carry? We should pester corporate management frequently and loudly. We should constantly remind them that open carry of a fire arm is not illegal and in fact does not frighten their customers since we are their customers. We should request repeatedly that theyallow the carrying of firearms as much as state law allows. We might also remind them that forcing customers to leave their firearms in their vehicle while having dinner presumes they have pretty good security in their parking lots.Which might in itself open another avenue for liability.

Not long ago there was a thread about some doctors having dinner in another Tacoma restaurant. They were accosted by a would be robber who was stopped by one of the doctors who was carrying a handgun. It probably would not hurt to send them a copy of that thread along with the pestering.

edited for spelling

BlaineG

imported post

OG sucks bad. My Mom loves it, which means it is bland, overcooked and hard to gag down (My Mom's cooking sucks, too:what:)

David.Car

imported post

irfner wrote:
Not long ago there was a thread about some doctors having dinner in another Tacoma restaurant. They were accosted by a would be robber who was stopped by one of the doctors who was carrying a handgun. It probably would not hurt to send them a copy of that thread along with the pestering.
Couldn't find the thread, but this is the news story:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16956119/detail.html

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

twest17 wrote:
I have been reading this forum for a while now and OCing for about a week now. Finally decided to register though.

So yesterday my and my girlfriend ran some errands and I OC'd we went to Safeway, and Joe's Sports, no problems at all there. Then we decided to go to the Olive Garden in Tacoma for dinner. We walk in and quickly are seated. Very shortly after the manager approaches me and tells me that several customers have complainted about me firearm, she then states that carrying a gun into a restaurant is illegal, I correct her on the law and she walks off.
So we order our food and about half way through our meal I see the manager return with two police officers behind her walking straight towards our table. The officers don't say a word and just stand there. The manager states that she called the police because she does not feel comfortable talking to me and says that many customers are leaving because of my firearm. She then asks me to put the gun in my car. I respond that if my firearm is not allowed in than I will leave. So me and my girlfriend walk out of the restaurant with two TPD officers behind us while everyone in the restaurant is watching.
And I hoped you left without paying! They breach the implied contract to serve you.