• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You go...Lady

DJB.45ACP

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
OC is illegal in FL I thought.

Anyhow, Kudos to this brave lady!
It is illegal, for now, I just thought that the self-defense story was great. I also believe that if it had been legal, and she had chosen to oc that day, the guy probably wouldn't have messed with her at all.
Moral of the Story (to me): If you can, oc, because you never know what maggots you might be deterring.
2nd Moral: Don't mess with G-ma, cuz she raised 4 boys, 2 girls and 12 grandkids...you got nothin' on them :celebrate. And G-ma packin'? C'mon, nobody that stupid.

possumboy

imported post

Also a good example of castle doctrine. She could defend herself and her property and be protected from stupid civil suits.

Now, chasing the guy down, could have lead to problems if she would have hurt him.

LEO 229

imported post

That was too funny!!

Some young punk thought he could steal from the elderly and got more than he bargained for.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just read this story.

Got to thinking about what this punk is going to have to deal with in jail, when the rest of the inmates hear that he got buffaloed by an unarmed old lady.

He's in for a really misurable time LOL :celebrate

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I am reminded of the statement... I think it is from Steinbeck of Grapes of Wrath fame...

"Never pick a fight with an old guy.... If he can't fight he will just kill you!"

JoeSparky

Paul Volk

imported post

"He couldn't have thrown me to the ground," she said. "I'm bigger than he is. And I have always been pretty active, and I'm pretty strong."

Good for her. :)
Chalk up another one for the good guys.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I am reminded of the statement... I think it is from Steinbeck of Grapes of Wrath fame...

"Never pick a fight with an old guy.... If he can't fight he will just kill you!"

JoeSparky

Never knew where that came from... (never read the book... doh!) 'Heard that in the Navy many moons ago.: "Don't pick a fight with an old man 'causehe'll just prob'ly kill you."

Lotta truth to that. :) 'Got nuthin' to do with testosterone kickin' in... 'n there's no 'contest' aspect. It's just reality.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

It was Steinbeck who said it as far as I know...

I don't know if it was in "The Grapes of Wrath" but I thought most anyone would know I was meaning the author Steinbeck.

JoeSparky