• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to Restore South Carolina Open Carry Rights Now Posted!

M

mdgary

imported post

IT WAS NEVER INTENDED BY OUR FOREFATHERS TO ASK PERMISSION TO CARRY YOUR LEGAL ARMS....

DOES RESTORING OPEN CARRY MEAN THAT WE HAD IT BEFORE

AND SOMEONE TOOK IT AWAY?.. IF SO WHO TOOK IT?:X

SCgunowner

imported post

That's exactly right, that's why I will never get a CWP or register any firearm.

M&P.40

imported post

WE MUST GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THE PETITION

I MADE MY OWN FLIERS WHICH IS VERY EASY AND CHEAPTO DO AND PASSED THEM OUT AND STILL DOING IT...MY READS AS FOLLOWS..

**** ATTENTION****

SOUTH CAROLINA

GUN OWNERS

PETITION TO RESTORE

SOUTH CAROLINA OPEN

CARRY RIGHTS IS NOW

POSTED ONLINE.....

http://WWW.OPENCARRY.ORG

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OUR

RIGHTS.......

I TAKE THEM WITH ME WHERE EVER I GO AND JUST PASSED THEM

OUT..

Survivalist78

imported post

I Will be writing letters tothe Governor and my state representatives. I will also ask my local gun shops if they will let me post fliers. We need this in SC, gang violence is on the rise. It's time for honest folks to be ableto defend themselves without a permit fromtheir county sheriff.

M

mdgary

imported post

IS THERE ANY WAY WE (SC)CAN DO AS TEXAS IS DOING

WITH THEIR ADVERTISMENTS ..(BILLBOARDS,TAXI CABS etc.)

IF YOU ARE WILLING "PLEASE" LET IT BE KNOWN AND LETS GET

STARTED...WE CAN NOT GET THIS DONE BY SITTING ON OUR

BUTTS .. WE ALL HAVE TO STEP UP!!!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Open Carry is explicitly illegal by SC Statute. The legislature is not/barely influenced by personal contact on issues of modifying existing law (see the recent reciprocity effort), why would they be influenced by billboard advertising on the highway?

Read 'The Real Nature of Politics' at RMGO.com. This is the 'politics' behind The Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996 and as taught by Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina at their too infrequent Legislative Tactics Sessions.

http://www.scfirearms.org

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Open Carry is explicitly illegal by SC Statute. The legislature is not/barely influenced by personal contact on issues of modifying existing law (see the recent reciprocity effort), why would they be influenced by billboard advertising on the highway?

Read 'The Real Nature of Politics' at RMGO.com. This is the 'politics' behind The Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996 and as taught by Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina at their too infrequent Legislative Tactics Sessions.

http://www.scfirearms.org
You guys may ultimatley have to take legal action - banning OC has been held unconstitutional by numouers state courts, as mentioned in Heller.

M

mdgary

imported post

The main goal of the advertisment is to let others know about the petition that is posted on opencarry.orgso they to can sign it.Not to stick it in the legislatures face.If this wereanti gun it would be headlines on the evening news.I was just trying to get the word out to othersbecause a lot of people don't even know opencarry.org exists ..

SEE YA!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

mdgary wrote:
The main goal of the advertisment is to let others know about the petition that is posted on opencarry.orgso they to can sign it.Not to stick it in the legislatures face.If this wereanti gun it would be headlines on the evening news.I was just trying to get the word out to othersbecause a lot of people don't even know opencarry.org exists ..

SEE YA!
Right - folks in theother states with petitions should also be doing fliering campiagns of gun show parlking lots and other venues - SC, DFL, OK, and AR, Attached is the basi powerpoint flier for Texas - easy to edit for your state and then convert to PDF and pass it out!

ParaChem

imported post

SCgunowner wrote:
That's exactly right, that's why I will never get a CWP or register any firearm.

I firmly believe in Open Carry, but have applied for a CCW permit, just because I could. Will still open carry, but do like the fact that I'm legally allowed to conceal if I feel the need.

Open carry is prefered.

340mopar

imported post

It is a great ideato get the word out there.

The problem I see, is that most are focusing here on these sites, with people that know all about this issue.

What needs to be done, is to reach the people, that do not even have a CWP, are 17 going on 18, the Sheltered folk....

Billboards, news papers, TV, etc. Creative loafing, Link, Motorcycle rags, etc....

reach the people that don't go to gun shows, or visit these sites...

Now the real issue.... Money to do it...

hp-hobo

imported post

Today wecelebrate an (in)auspicious occasion. After 4 1/2 months, the South Carolina Open Carry Petition has finally reached 1,000 signatures. Please continue to get the word out. Hopefully we can double that number in half the time.

Thank you for your support!

hp-hobo

imported post

1,500 flyers handed out at the Columbia gun show this weekend. If I knew how many people would be there, andI had enough money, I could have probably printed and distributed five times that many. Easily.

Thanks everyone for all the help. :uhoh:

340mopar

imported post

I mentioned it a while back, and mostly it came back with a poor responce.

Comercial site, information gathering site, you name it.

Grass roots may work hard, but sometimes its harder to talk to them.

I suggest you keep on plugging away, and either they will come to you or not.

don;t get me wrong there are some good people there... and you can get on their yahoo group mailing list as well. But be prepared to back your "argument" with facts.

AllAmerican

imported post

Mike wrote:
Looks like there already is an open cary bill filed - H 3003 - so let's get this petition moving.

Mike, Ill start this post out by thanking you for your efforts. I applaud them and personally, Id like to get with you to discover some of the tactics and practices you've made use of.

I can go over where Im coming from and where Id like to go with all of this.

As to H3003, Grass Roots has stated there are some problems with this bill. They havent given me the specifics and I supposeits because they have said they cant get a lawyer to look at it (I think its funds) My wife and I have joined Grass Roots but the fact is that Grass Roots is geared towards the CC crowd.

Im not saying they wouldnt support OC but I dont know. hp hobo knows what Im talking about.

See Doug's post over in the SC sectin of the site. Thats where its been left right now if Im not mistaken.