• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buyer Beware 3

Championarmssucks

imported post

So, I contacted the BBB about champion arms. This was my first post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/9995.html

We've been bickering back and forth constantly about the events that took place. They are saying that they gave me a quote at the counter when I dropped off my gun, however, they gave me a piece of paper that said that the gunsmith will call with a quote BEFORE any work is done. The counter people can't give you quotes because they are not gunsmiths. They sold me the parts, and the sights were wrong. I dont think I'd want a quote from them. Also, I'm not worried as I had witnesses there when I checked in the gun.

Also, they said I sent them a threatening letter and were taking legal action against me for giving them a bad name online. I didn't send them any letter, it was actually another member of this forum and a member of their gun range (I wont say who, thanks though).Well, they do have a great range to shoot at, but for myself, I wont be stepping back into their store. This is a simple problem that could have been fixed had someone given me a call, or returned my calls. Who are some good gunsmiths in the Wa area? hell, even eastern Wa. I dont want to *FEEL* like I'm being screwed.

Take my "Review" of Champion Arms with a grain of salt. Maybe things have gotten much better there since April. I will never know. And since they are reading this,

GIVE ME BACK MY NIGHT SIGHTS!!!!!! (Yes, its the wrong set you sold me, but I still purchased them and you wouldn't give them back).

Next, I think I will start a blog about my experiences at gun ranges in WA. Any other great forums to post on?

***Persons who visit thisforum should in no way rely on any information provided by me to make an opinion about a business. This information is provided for educational purposes only. In no way should this information be used as a legitimate source to determine the quality of services provided by the business. This is a one-sided story.***~~~~Just had to get that out of the way. Thanks guys :)

knight_308

imported post

I had some work done with them as well and was never given the promised quote. I had to contact Scott Sipe every few weeks to get the status (it was a very easy job, I just didn't have the tools for it).

Eventually I called the store after getting stonewalled by the smith and was told my gun had been back in for a week - nobody had called me! I told them when I dropped it off that it was my main carry piece and I wanted it back ASAP.

The work was done adequately, but the price seemed high (part should've been $20 or less, maybe 20-30 minutes to install, charged $100). I didn't appreciate being left hanging, so I'll probably look elsewhere next time.

triehl27

imported post

You're not the only ones. I went in to buy a used Gen 1 Glock 17. Haggled out the deal, and the Glock was taken to the back to get the box and was brought back out in the box, and I started the paperwork. When I wanted to check the serial number the salesman wouldn't turn the box towards me and insisted on simply reading it to me. I knew immeadiatly that the number wasn't a Gen1 early number and quickly turned the box towards me. Sure enough it wasn't the Gen 1 I had agreed to buy. I asked the sales guy where the Gen 1 was and he simply said that this was the gun that he was selling and I had to buy it since I had started the paperwork. We went back an forth and I simple tore the paperwork into pieces and walked out.

Thankfully I hadn't paid for it yet. It was clearly a bait and switch and the salesman did finally admit to it while demanding I pay for the other gun since I had started the paperwork and that made it a legally binding contract.

I'm not going to name the saleman since he is still there and will be there til the day Champion closes it's doors.

I have not been in since. Most of their good salesmen have left, and their good range master left, their turn over rate is suprisingly high.

John Hardin

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
Haggled out the deal, and the Glock was taken to the back to get the box...
Warning lights should probably flash at that point. Why wouldn't the salesman just go retrieve the box while leaving the pistol on the counter? That's the way it's always happened for me at Ben's...

...since I had started the paperwork and that made it a legally binding contract.
Bah. It's not legally binding until you sign.