Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Heller will by out by Thursday...

State Researcher

Post imported post

The suspense is killing me!

Post imported post

They are saving the best for last. Just like that big christmas present for your kid.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

If SCOTUSblog.com is to be believed, the court has said they are releasing all three remaining decisions on Thursday at 10a Eastern. Less than 24 hours to go.

State Researcher

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    They are saving the best for last. Just like that big christmas present for your kid.
    I'm single. All big presents are for me and me alone! Bwwaahhaahhhaaa!!!!

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    amlevin wrote:
    lucky, im at the level of sox and dress shirts now....with 4 kids you'd think the creativity would be higher. I swear im buying myself a sig for christmas this year

Post imported post

rysa wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    amlevin wrote:
    lucky, im at the level of sox and dress shirts now....with 4 kids you'd think the creativity would be higher. I swear im buying myself a sig for christmas this year
    I always buy myself a Christmas present. I put it under the tree and tag it To: Daddy From: Daddy.

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    rysa wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    amlevin wrote:
    I always buy myself a Christmas present. I put it under the tree and tag it To: Daddy From: Daddy.
    I use the to "Dad from Santa". This way they know I bought it but there is no proof that will stand up in court, even her court. Besides would anybody doubt that Santa wouldn't give me a present? I'm always on the good boy list.

Post imported post

I just told the wife, "hey, your getting this for me for christmas... as i got off the phone setting up the purchase"

she told me i had to wrap it though.

..... so i went and bought a holster!

Post imported post

What impact does this case have on the current laws in this state if they strike down the DC law? Could it be applied to the situation in say, Seattle where they want to make it illegal to carry in parks?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Izzle wrote:
    What impact does this case have on the current laws in this state if they strike down the DC law? Could it be applied to the situation in say, Seattle where they want to make it illegal to carry in parks?
    No because in this state we have a higher protection of rights, plus preemption. In this case the higher protection of rights would be applicable.

Post imported post

gotcha, so really it wont affect anyone in washington as the laws stand now

Post imported post

But depending on how the ruling is worded and the scope that is encompasses, providing it is in our favor, it could cause any future federal firearm ban to be unconstitutional.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I am so anxious...

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    But depending on how the ruling is worded and the scope that is encompasses, providing it is in our favor, it could cause any future federal firearm ban to be unconstitutional.
    or possibly (overreaching here) do something about the full auto thing, which could with the hand of a few legislators and a good lawyer or two do something about washington's restrictions on types of firearms.

does anyone else here really want to cut down a tree with an m-60, or is it just me?

Post imported post

5$ says they rule DC's ban unconstitutional, but say 'reasonable' regulation is OK.....(registration,licensing,etc)
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    5$ says they rule DC's ban unconstitutional, but say 'reasonable' regulation is OK.....(registration,licensing,etc)
    That's sucker bet. They alluded to that greatly during the arguments.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    or possibly (overreaching here) do something about the full auto thing, which could with the hand of a few legislators and a good lawyer or two do something about washington's restrictions on types of firearms.

does anyone else here really want to cut down a tree with an m-60, or is it just me?
    That would be great but there is no way in hell they are going to touch that with a 50' pole. If they did that it would basically be an end to banning any "arm" that is used in the military.

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    joeroket wrote:

That would be great but there is no way in hell they are going to touch that with a 50' pole. If they did that it would basically be an end to banning any "arm" that is used in the military.
    Not if they define "bear" as any weapon that can be carried and deployed by one person. Then you don't have to worry about nukes, etc.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    I disagree. The 2nd is the only one of the ten that says, "shall not be infringed" which by that wordings means no restrictions can be applied.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    joeroket wrote:

Not if they define "bear" as any weapon that can be carried and deployed by one person. Then you don't have to worry about nukes, etc.
    The Justicestalked about it during the questioning phase and the inference was that if shall not be infringed is in fact the actuallymeaning then the NFA is unconstitution. Besides that law has never prevent one BG from using a machine gun when he felt like it.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    joeroket wrote:

You ever hear of a battlefield nuke? Carried and shoulder fired by a single person.

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    joeroket wrote:

You ever hear of a battlefield nuke? Carried and shoulder fired by a single person.
    Read the Federalist Papers, it says that the Founding Fathers meant for everyone to have a militarily compatible weapon. In this day and age that would be M-16, m-4, AKs, FAL, etc. So SAWs and other heavier weapons would be included. Besides has no one here never seen an M-16 with an M-40grenade launcher mounted?

Post imported post

Need to get myself a 10/22.

State Researcher

Post imported post

nofoa wrote:
    Need to get myself a 10/22.
    Like the one in the bottom of this pic? Or more vanilla? :P

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Now that's a purdy pic! I have an actual Winchester Model 77 .22LR built in the late 60's. Only an 8 shot mag, but still loads of fun and super accurate!

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast