• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well Heller will by out by Thursday...

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If SCOTUSblog.com is to be believed, the court has said they are releasing all three remaining decisions on Thursday at 10a Eastern. Less than 24 hours to go.

rysa

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
amlevin wrote:
They are saving the best for last. Just like that big christmas present for your kid.
I'm single. All big presents are for me and me alone! Bwwaahhaahhhaaa!!!!
lucky, im at the level of sox and dress shirts now....with 4 kids you'd think the creativity would be higher. I swear im buying myself a sig for christmas this year :)

PT111

imported post

rysa wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
amlevin wrote:
They are saving the best for last. Just like that big christmas present for your kid.
lucky, im at the level of sox and dress shirts now....with 4 kids you'd think the creativity would be higher. I swear im buying myself a sig for christmas this year :)
I always buy myself a Christmas present. I put it under the tree and tag it To: Daddy From: Daddy. :lol:

Bear 45/70

imported post

PT111 wrote:
rysa wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
amlevin wrote:
I always buy myself a Christmas present. I put it under the tree and tag it To: Daddy From: Daddy. :lol:
I use the to "Dad from Santa". This way they know I bought it but there is no proof that will stand up in court, even her court. Besides would anybody doubt that Santa wouldn't give me a present? I'm always on the good boy list.
rolleyes.gif
:D

uncoolperson

imported post

I just told the wife, "hey, your getting this for me for christmas... as i got off the phone setting up the purchase"

she told me i had to wrap it though.

..... so i went and bought a holster!

Izzle

imported post

What impact does this case have on the current laws in this state if they strike down the DC law? Could it be applied to the situation in say, Seattle where they want to make it illegal to carry in parks?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Izzle wrote:
What impact does this case have on the current laws in this state if they strike down the DC law? Could it be applied to the situation in say, Seattle where they want to make it illegal to carry in parks?
No because in this state we have a higher protection of rights, plus preemption. In this case the higher protection of rights would be applicable.

Izzle

imported post

gotcha, so really it wont affect anyone in washington as the laws stand now

joeroket

imported post

But depending on how the ruling is worded and the scope that is encompasses, providing it is in our favor, it could cause any future federal firearm ban to be unconstitutional.

uncoolperson

imported post

joeroket wrote:
But depending on how the ruling is worded and the scope that is encompasses, providing it is in our favor, it could cause any future federal firearm ban to be unconstitutional.

or possibly (overreaching here) do something about the full auto thing, which could with the hand of a few legislators and a good lawyer or two do something about washington's restrictions on types of firearms.

does anyone else here really want to cut down a tree with an m-60, or is it just me?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

5$ says they rule DC's ban unconstitutional, but say 'reasonable' regulation is OK.....(registration,licensing,etc)

joeroket

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
joeroket wrote:

or possibly (overreaching here) do something about the full auto thing, which could with the hand of a few legislators and a good lawyer or two do something about washington's restrictions on types of firearms.

does anyone else here really want to cut down a tree with an m-60, or is it just me?
That would be great but there is no way in hell they are going to touch that with a 50' pole. If they did that it would basically be an end to banning any "arm" that is used in the military.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

joeroket wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:
joeroket wrote:

That would be great but there is no way in hell they are going to touch that with a 50' pole. If they did that it would basically be an end to banning any "arm" that is used in the military.
Not if they define "bear" as any weapon that can be carried and deployed by one person. Then you don't have to worry about nukes, etc.

Bear 45/70

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
5$ says they rule DC's ban unconstitutional, but say 'reasonable' regulation is OK.....(registration,licensing,etc)
I disagree. The 2nd is the only one of the ten that says, "shall not be infringed" which by that wordings means no restrictions can be applied.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
joeroket wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Not if they define "bear" as any weapon that can be carried and deployed by one person. Then you don't have to worry about nukes, etc.
The Justicestalked about it during the questioning phase and the inference was that if shall not be infringed is in fact the actuallymeaning then the NFA is unconstitution. Besides that law has never prevent one BG from using a machine gun when he felt like it.