• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help keep a pro-Second Amendment guy in the US Congress

cagueits

imported post

This guy sent me one real US Dollar through the snail mail asking me to trust him. I couldn't believe he actually sent me a dollar. I ain't from Georgia, but if he stays in Congress it will be another vote for our cause. Please consider aiding his campaing and prevent an anti to take his place in Congress. $5,10, 20 or whatever ammount you can spare to keep him there would help him (and us) a lot. Hes got a primary in about two weeks, so don't let this go by if you can help. Link to his website. His position on the Second Amendment can be seen on this link.

Don't take my word on this guy's reputation, go to the Congress' data base and look up the bills he is sponsoring. Link. Select his name under 110th Congress and type in keywords like firearm, gun, second amendment, etc.

Here's some info out of Gun Owners of America and the NRA:

Protecting One Of Our Own
Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund
E-Mail Alert8001
Forbes Pl Suite 102
Springfield VA 22151
(703) 321-8585
Gun Owners of America
Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dear Friend of the Second Amendment, Gun Owners of America has a tremendous friend in recently-elected Rep. PaulBroun (GA-10), a long-time Life Member of GOA.

He has only been in office a few months, having been elected to fill thevacancy in his district when Rep. Charlie Norwood died last year of cancer.The establishment fought tooth and nail to defeat Broun, but he amazed mostpolitical observers with a dramatic come-from-behind victory.

The establishment is not finished with him yet, and they are outspending himin the July 15 primary by nearly nine to one.

In the short time Dr. Broun has been in the U.S. House of Representatives,he has taken the leadership on the gun issue as he said he would. Indeed,he has been an activist who lobbied the Georgia legislature for years as aprivate citizen.

Broun has introduced a measure (H.R. 5646) to lock in the regulations thatthe Bush administration has finally promulgated (after almost eight years ofstalling) regarding carrying guns in national parks. Broun's bill wouldmake permanent the new policy that says that people can carry guns innational parks according to the laws of the states in which the park islocated.

H.R. 5646 would also require the Interior Department to factor in huntingwhen planning for the use of federal lands.

And at this very moment, Broun is putting the final touches on a billdesigned to rein in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.The Bureau has been on a jihad against firearms dealers and has greatlyreduced the number of dealers.

Dealers are forced to defend themselves in BATFE "courts" which almostalways rule against them. Broun would require that license revocations onlybe done after FIRST going to a federal court. You know this must be a goodidea because the acting director of the Bureau, anti-gunner MichaelSullivan, opposes the idea.

Broun is quite a sportsman in his own right as readers of our newsletter,The Gun Owners, saw in the most recent issue. His congressional office isloaded with some of his mounted trophies.

Broun has shown that contributions from members like you -- as well as fromthe Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund -- have proven to be agreat political investment.

But we could loose this dynamic leader if we don't help him dig in andestablish his incumbency. The business-as-usual Republican establishmenthas led the party to the brink of disaster. They still don't get it.

It is up to you and me to show the Republican establishment that men likeBroun are what is needed in Washington, DC.

Left-wing politicians are always scheming to infringe on the gun rights andhunting rights of sportsmen and law-abiding citizens. Congressman Broun haspromised to zealously guard against every attempt by the liberals to limitour rights, our ability to defend ourselves and families, and our right tohunt.

Will you join me in helping the Paul Broun campaign by going to Congressman Paul Broun and making an online contribution? You can alsomail a personal (not corporate) check to:

Paul Broun Committee
PO Box 7165
Athens GA 30604

Paul Broun is a great friend. Please do everything you can to keep himworking for us in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
Vice-Chairman of the Board

Paid for by Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund. Notauthorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Gun Owners ofAmerica Political Victory Fund is a Project of Gun Owners of America.

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION
410 FIRST STREE1~ S,E,
SECOND FLOOR
WASH1NGTON, DC 20003-1867

April 25, 2008

Congressman Paul Broun
Paul Broun for Congress
P.O. Box 7165
Athens, GA 30604

Dear Congressman Broun:

On behalf of our nearly four million members of the National Rifle Association, the NRA Political Victory Fund is proud to endorse your candidacy for reelection to the U.S. House of Representatives in the tenth congressional district of Georgia.

During your tenure in Congress, you have consistently supported the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen, demonstrating a strong commitment to the Second Amendment and our hunting heritage. You are the only candidate in this race who has cosponsored the "District of Columbia Personal Protection Act," which would repeal the gun ban for law-abiding residents of our nations' capitol and restore their right of self-defense. You have also been a strong supporter and cosponsor of the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Reform and Firearms Modernization Act," which would roll back unnecessary restrictions, correct errors, and codify longstanding congressional policies in federal firearms laws and regulations as well as rewriting the system of administrative penalties for licensed dealers, manufacturers and importers of firearms.

Based on your solidly pro-gun/pro-hunting voting record in Congress, as well as your responses to our federal candidate questionnaire, you have earned an "A" rating and endorsement from the NRA-PVF. We urge our members and all other gun owners and sportsmen in the tenth congressional district of Georgia to vote for your reelection to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Good luck this year and we look forward to our continued relationship.

Sincerely

CharIes H. Curmingham
Director of Federal Affairs

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yeah. I looked at his stance on other issues.

I'll keep my money, thankyouverymuch.

Glad he's good on guns, though

tattedupboy

imported post

Any politician, pro 2A or not, who sends me money in exchange for their vote is someone I'd be very suspicious of. Fortunately, I don't live in his district, so I won't be facing this dilemma this fall.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
SNIP Any politician, pro 2A or not, who sends me money in exchange for their vote is someone I'd be very suspicious of. Fortunately, I don't live in his district, so I won't be facing this dilemma this fall.
Did you get your Economic Stimulus check, yet?

tattedupboy

imported post

Citizen wrote:
tattedupboy wrote:
SNIP Any politician, pro 2A or not, who sends me money in exchange for their vote is someone I'd be very suspicious of. Fortunately, I don't live in his district, so I won't be facing this dilemma this fall.
Did you get your Economic Stimulus check, yet?
No I haven't. And yes, when I do get it, I'm going to spend it; I'd be a damn fool not to! However, that does not change how I feel about what is essentially an attempted bribe. No politician ever has or ever will be able to buy my vote. Case in point: In 2006 I was given a job working for the campaign of one of the candidates for sheriff in my county, who, by the way, I did not even vote for. I listened to both of them and made my decision based on the issues, not on who gave me the job.

imperialism2024

imported post

For over two decades, I have been a strong advocate of conservative Republican principles. Currently I am ranked as one of the top conservative members of Congress.
That sealed it for me. Republican approved? Then he's no true friend to gun owners. Wait 'til we get PATRIOT ACT III and the gun registration part of it... it's for the terrorists. Not to mention that I'm uncomfortable with any candidate who lists morality as one of the four tests he uses to judge a law worthwhile. It's not them pro-drug hippie Democrats who support the police busting down your door to look for drugs.

Give me a candidate with a true freedom-based campaign (not just the freedoms in which he believes), and then we'll talk about how friendly he is to gun owners.

Or maybe I'm still bitter about Rick Santorum... glad I helped vote him out of office :celebrate

cagueits

imported post

Well, while I don't agree 100% with Paul, at least he seems to have a position regarding the 2A. To be fair, heres the competition; if you find info on any one of them being more "pro-gun" that Paul, please post it here to have the complete facts:

Barry Fleming

Bobby Saxon