Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Who's in?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    Thinking about going shooting this weekend at the pit. Who wants to come with me?

    Austin

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    I am on limit mobility, grounding until I see the doc again on Tuesday or I would be in. Two weekends in a row of shooting is always a good thing to me, but life seems to interfer way to often.:?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    Too bad bear, really! I hope that you feel better. Cheers.

    Austin

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    luvmyglock wrote:
    Too bad bear, really! I hope that you feel better. Cheers.

    Austin
    Thanks, They aredid surgery on both big toes to prevent ingrown toe nails. Should never have to deal with them again, should be worth it. At least I got to do the Marlin Shoot last weekend in Grays Harbor County.

  5. #5
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    I plan on going back out to my secret shooting area this weekend......otherwise I'd be in for that trip....need to get some more time in with the new Kimber to see if it will still give me issues or not......

    I don't care for the pit so much because it's usually busy on the weekends and such.....I don't care for the dirt bike riders and all that. Much quieter and nicer out where I go.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    That's what you were saying....the reason you couldn't come to the OC lunch if I remember correctly. Too bad there too, we had a great time. This weekend I will be taking out my marlin 60 for the first time since completely disassembling it down to the very last pin, cleaning, lube, and reassembling. We will find out real quick if I put it back together correctly (so many tiny pieces!). Really too bad you can't make it.

    Austin

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    I plan on going back out to my secret shooting area this weekend......otherwise I'd be in for that trip....need to get some more time in with the new Kimber to see if it will still give me issues or not......

    I don't care for the pit so much because it's usually busy on the weekends and such.....I don't care for the dirt bike riders and all that. Much quieter and nicer out where I go.
    Well that is too bad. I have never actually been to the pit, but heard it was "the place" to go around here. I will be shooting my g33 for the first time this weekend if i do end up going, and my marlin 60 for the first time since reassembly. I too wish that I could find a place where there are not a bunch of retards shooting and riding. I have never in my life had to deal with shooting at a place like I hear the pit is, but I just dont know of anywhere else to do it. Wanna give up your secret?...............promise i wont tell anyone

  8. #8
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    luvmyglock wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    I plan on going back out to my secret shooting area this weekend......otherwise I'd be in for that trip....need to get some more time in with the new Kimber to see if it will still give me issues or not......

    I don't care for the pit so much because it's usually busy on the weekends and such.....I don't care for the dirt bike riders and all that. Much quieter and nicer out where I go.
    Well that is too bad. I have never actually been to the pit, but heard it was "the place" to go around here. I will be shooting my g33 for the first time this weekend if i do end up going, and my marlin 60 for the first time since reassembly. I too wish that I could find a place where there are not a bunch of retards shooting and riding. I have never in my life had to deal with shooting at a place like I hear the pit is, but I just dont know of anywhere else to do it. Wanna give up your secret?...............promise i wont tell anyone
    Not on a public forum, but if you want to come along, you are welcome.

    I'm actually thinking about doing some camping up there this weekend, since I'll have this Friday and Monday off as well.

  9. #9
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Which day?
    Saturday I'll be going to the gun show in Puyallup with my uncle.
    Sunday afternoon is possible for me.

    compmanio365 that spot is sweet. I'll have to make plans to run out there with a tent at some point for a weekend. That tree slab we set up as a target gave me ideas for the pit.....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    I to prefer the less public places to shoot other than the pit. Nice weather is gonna mean a lot of ATVers and Bikers out there. I have a place about 25 miles from my house and about 4 from my daughter place that is private enough and have had other shooter only show up twice in 3 years. I know of a couple other places in Capitol Forest other than the pit that are better as less traffic and people.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    M1Gunr wrote:
    Which day?
    Saturday I'll be going to the gun show in Puyallup with my uncle.
    Sunday afternoon is possible for me.

    compmanio365 that spot is sweet. I'll have to make plans to run out there with a tent at some point for a weekend. That tree slab we set up as a target gave me ideas for the pit.....
    Rob McKenna will be at the gunshow in Puyallup sunday morning. Just a FYI to everybody.

    Would be a good time to catch his thoughts on a few things, if ya know what I mean.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    766

    Post imported post

    I would be interested, but have a couple of questions;
    1. What city is this "pit" located?
    2. How do I find the location?
    3. Is there some type of bench or table I could use to assist in sighting and breaking in a new rifle?

  13. #13
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    44Brent wrote:
    I would be interested, but have a couple of questions;
    1. What city is this "pit" located?
    2. How do I find the location?
    3. Is there some type of bench or table I could use to assist in sighting and breaking in a new rifle?
    1). near LittleRock
    2). see attached map
    3). bring your own bench or shooting platform.

    PM for larger map

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    O-town, Washington, USA
    Posts
    59

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:


    if you want to come along, you are welcome.
    Of course you'll have to wear a blindfold and ride in the back of a van with no windows. , I may show up, depending on how my schedule looks.

  15. #15
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Don't forget about the gun-show this weekend in Puyallup...
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    AHHHH geez now you have to go and tell me. Have anymore info on that sypder? Interested in going and I have to get my wife a bday pistol!

    Austin

  17. #17
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Puyallup Fairgrounds, free parking, $7.00 entrance fee for non-WAC members. Just follow the large crowd of people carrying their guns around Puyallup, and you'll find it. I think they open at 8 AM and go all day, Saturday and Sunday. Our good buddy TriggerDr from these forums, said he will have a table set-up down there for educational purposes. So if any of you want to come down and meet/hang-out with him (I'll be there, probably Saturday), please join. He has a sign on his table that says "OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL opencarry.org" so it shouldn't be too hard to find him.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    Actually, my table is to sell guns AND educate others about OC.

    If you have trouble finding my table, call my cell 360 878 1638 and I will talk you over.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    Show's policy on guns carried in?...............

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    luvmyglock wrote:
    Show's policy on guns carried in?...............
    Non-members, no guns at all. Members can carry, but unloaded and tied so inoperative. The reason I no longer attend or have a table.

  21. #21
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Thanks Trigger, I'll most likely be there Saturday morning. By the way, what are you selling?

    Also, if you're bringing in your gun, you're not allowed to bring in any ammo for it. The security guards at the front gate will ask you for your weapon, and zip-tie it up, then ask you if you have any ammo for it.

    I agree Bear... but I do enjoy the atmosphere there, and there are no other gunshows around.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    So if I trek all the way there from Olympia, what are the chances I will get a good price on some surplus ammo or something? 9mm is the name of the game...I need ammo.

    Austin

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    luvmyglock wrote:
    So if I trek all the way there from Olympia, what are the chances I will get a good price on some surplus ammo or something? 9mm is the name of the game...I need ammo.

    Austin
    You will find "Plenty" of 9x19 Ammo :celebrate

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    85

    Post imported post

    I figured, but what about *price* is it worth the trek????

  25. #25
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Sorry Luvmyglock, I didn't intend to hijack your thread... :?
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •