• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who's in?

Bear 45/70

imported post

I am on limit mobility, grounding until I see the doc again on Tuesday or I would be in. Two weekends in a row of shooting is always a good thing to me, but life seems to interfer way to often.:?

Bear 45/70

imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
Too bad bear, really! I hope that you feel better. Cheers.

Austin
Thanks, They aredid surgery on both big toes to prevent ingrown toe nails. Should never have to deal with them again, should be worth it. At least I got to do the Marlin Shoot last weekend in Grays Harbor County.

compmanio365

imported post

I plan on going back out to my secret shooting area this weekend......otherwise I'd be in for that trip....need to get some more time in with the new Kimber to see if it will still give me issues or not......

I don't care for the pit so much because it's usually busy on the weekends and such.....I don't care for the dirt bike riders and all that. Much quieter and nicer out where I go. :D

luvmyglock

imported post

That's what you were saying....the reason you couldn't come to the OC lunch if I remember correctly. Too bad there too, we had a great time. This weekend I will be taking out my marlin 60 for the first time since completely disassembling it down to the very last pin, cleaning, lube, and reassembling. We will find out real quick if I put it back together correctly (so many tiny pieces!). Really too bad you can't make it.

Austin

luvmyglock

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I plan on going back out to my secret shooting area this weekend......otherwise I'd be in for that trip....need to get some more time in with the new Kimber to see if it will still give me issues or not......

I don't care for the pit so much because it's usually busy on the weekends and such.....I don't care for the dirt bike riders and all that. Much quieter and nicer out where I go. :D
Well that is too bad. I have never actually been to the pit, but heard it was "the place" to go around here. I will be shooting my g33 for the first time this weekend if i do end up going, and my marlin 60 for the first time since reassembly. I too wish that I could find a place where there are not a bunch of retards shooting and riding. I have never in my life had to deal with shooting at a place like I hear the pit is, but I just dont know of anywhere else to do it. Wanna give up your secret?...............promise i wont tell anyone :lol:

compmanio365

imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:

Well that is too bad. I have never actually been to the pit, but heard it was "the place" to go around here. I will be shooting my g33 for the first time this weekend if i do end up going, and my marlin 60 for the first time since reassembly. I too wish that I could find a place where there are not a bunch of retards shooting and riding. I have never in my life had to deal with shooting at a place like I hear the pit is, but I just dont know of anywhere else to do it. Wanna give up your secret?...............promise i wont tell anyone :lol:

Not on a public forum, but if you want to come along, you are welcome. :D

I'm actually thinking about doing some camping up there this weekend, since I'll have this Friday and Monday off as well.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Which day?
Saturday I'll be going to the gun show in Puyallup with my uncle.
Sunday afternoon is possible for me.

compmanio365 that spot is sweet. I'll have to make plans to run out there with a tent at some point for a weekend. That tree slab we set up as a target gave me ideas for the pit.....

Bear 45/70

imported post

I to prefer the less public places to shoot other than the pit. Nice weather is gonna mean a lot of ATVers and Bikers out there. I have a place about 25 miles from my house and about 4 from my daughter place that is private enough and have had other shooter only show up twice in 3 years.:D I know of a couple other places in Capitol Forest other than the pit that are better as less traffic and people.

XD45PlusP

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Which day?
Saturday I'll be going to the gun show in Puyallup with my uncle.
Sunday afternoon is possible for me.

compmanio365 that spot is sweet. I'll have to make plans to run out there with a tent at some point for a weekend. That tree slab we set up as a target gave me ideas for the pit.....

Rob McKenna will be at the gunshow in Puyallup sunday morning. Just a FYI to everybody.

Would be a good time to catch his thoughts on a few things, if ya know what I mean.

:D

44Brent

imported post

I would be interested, but have a couple of questions;
  1. What city is this "pit" located?
  2. How do I find the location?
  3. Is there some type of bench or table I could use to assist in sighting and breaking in a new rifle?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

44Brent wrote:
I would be interested, but have a couple of questions;
  1. What city is this "pit" located?
  2. How do I find the location?
  3. Is there some type of bench or table I could use to assist in sighting and breaking in a new rifle?
1). near LittleRock
2). see attached map
3). bring your own bench or shooting platform.

PM for larger map

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Puyallup Fairgrounds, free parking, $7.00 entrance fee for non-WAC members. Just follow the large crowd of people carrying their guns around Puyallup, and you'll find it. I think they open at 8 AM and go all day, Saturday and Sunday. Our good buddy TriggerDr from these forums, said he will have a table set-up down there for educational purposes. So if any of you want to come down and meet/hang-out with him (I'll be there, probably Saturday), please join. He has a sign on his table that says "OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL opencarry.org" so it shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Actually, my table is to sell guns AND educate others about OC.

If you have trouble finding my table, call my cell 360 878 1638 and I will talk you over.