• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

629 for sale ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Does anyone have a S&W 629 (44mag) that wants to be sold ?

I only have between $400 - $500.

This will be my ULTIMATE carry gun

Thanks,

TJ

curtm1911

imported post

UTOC-45-44,

Don't overlook the Ruger Redhawk, in blue with a 5.5" barrel. You can also go stainless if you prefer, 5.5 or 7.5 barel length. I REALLY like my 5.5 blue, and the trigger is as nice as any S&W 29 I have ever shot. It would probably be in your price range too. Just something to think about.

Attachments

• Redhawk .44 Magnum  1.JPG
    Redhawk .44 Magnum 1.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 178

curtm1911

imported post

I think you might want to keep those grips it comes with on it. I replaced the wood ones on mine with the Pachmyers, the wood ones were too small for my hands and it tended to roll in my hand when shooting it, resulting in hammer bite. Remember, this IS a .44 Magnum and does recoil, those grips it comes with look like they would eliminate the tendency to roll in the hand. One more thing to consider, the Ruger DOES NOT have the sideplate that the Smith has, IMO a stronger gun all around and it can be taken down to a bare frame for maintainence.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
I think you might want to keep those grips it comes with on it. I replaced the wood ones on mine with the Pachmyers, the wood ones were too small for my hands and it tended to roll in my hand when shooting it, resulting in hammer bite. Remember, this IS a .44 Magnum and does recoil, those grips it comes with look like they would eliminate the tendency to roll in the hand. One more thing to consider, the Ruger DOES NOT have the sideplate that the Smith has, IMO a stronger gun all around and it can be taken down to a bare frame for maintainence.

I have a Ruger Vaquero 44 Mag 5.5 inch barrel with Bison grips:celebrate. I t's a good gun that goes along with my 44Mag Henry rifle:celebrate.

S&W is just "shinier":lol:...:cool:

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::celebrate:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:AAAAaaaah....shiiiiny:celebrate

TJ