• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only Two People Speak For OpenCarry.org

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Anyhow, to those who are unfamiliar with all the uproar over LEO229's "oppressive" thread locking, here's a quick and exaggerated summary of how the threads went down:
OP: *posts interesting story that casts LEOs in a negative light*
LEO229: I agree, those particular police officers overstepped their boundaries.
Poster1: All you cops are scum of the earth! You should all be shot!
Poster2: Yeah doughnut boy! How do you reply to that?
LEO229: Hey guys, I'm on your side. Here, let me calmly provide answers to your off-topic and offensive generalizations about everyone in my profession...
Poster1: You're a stupid cop! Because all cops are stupid! Get a real job!
Poster2: Yeah, whatever you say doesn't matter. You like beating little kids who touch your police car.
LEO229: Guys, this is getting off-topic. But I'll indulge your cop-bashing and answer it...
Poster1: Look! He's losing! That's why he's saying it's off-topic!
Poster2: Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! Sieg heil, 229!
LEO229: *locks thread*

I like it. And it is not all that far off.

Unfortunately, there are people who live in areas where a significant percentage of the local constabulary are not nice guys. People who live in those areas and experience it first hand tend to think it is that way everywhere becasue that is pretty much all they know.

Sheriff

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote: Anyhow, to those who are unfamiliar with all the uproar over LEO229's "oppressive" thread locking, here's a quick and exaggerated summary of how the threads went down:
LEO229: Hey guys, I'm on your side. Here, let me calmly provide answers to your off-topic and offensive generalizations about everyone in my profession...
Poster2: Yeah, whatever you say doesn't matter. You like beating little kids who touch your police car.
LEO229: Guys, this is getting off-topic. But I'll indulge your cop-bashing and answer it...
Can you now give us a quick synopsis of how the VCDL thread went downplease?

Bet you can't in any way make that thread appear as comical. :)

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote
Anyhow, to those who are unfamiliar with all the uproar over LEO229's "oppressive" thread locking, here's a quick and exaggerated summary of how the threads went down:
Thats funny stuff right there.... I don't care who you are...

But to be fair, it is very exaggerated.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 tried to touch my no no parts.

oh wait, no he just edited and deleted my threads and posts because he didn't like what i was saying.

looks like you got owned and i might do one of these if i will :celebrate

ToJas

imported post

johnnyb wrote:

oh wait, no he just edited and deleted my threads and posts because he didn't like what i was saying.

I hardly see that as a helpful contribution.

SQLtables

imported post

johnnyb wrote:

I saw the crap you wrote, and it needed to be deleted... put your banana away...

A board with no mods other than the owners? Especially a board of this size? It's not the biggest, but that's a lot of work. Good luck!

tarzan1888

imported post

ToJas wrote:
johnnyb wrote:

Now you see the problem.

Tarzan

possumboy

imported post

Can we stop this, it will just degrade into what the other thread was doing.

Examples can be given on both sides, where is should have been edited and deleted and where it shouldn't have be edited and deleted.

This back and forth is pointless, and will only serve to get other going again.

Ending this is an example of the good self-moderation.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Can we stop this, it will just degrade into what the other thread was doing.

Examples can be given on both sides, where is should have been edited and deleted and where it shouldn't have be edited and deleted.

This back and forth is pointless, and will only serve to get other going again.

Ending this is an example of the good self-moderation.

It will end when it ends. people will get tired of posting about it.

Then a year from now someone will resurect this thread as if it is brand new. :)

Sheriff

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Now you see the problem.

Tarzan
The only problem I see for the last several days is YOU and ToJaS kicking this subject back to life with one reply after another. :D

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

its just a joke lighten up people :p :shock:

ToJas wrote:
johnnyb wrote:

jbradford1

imported post

(Exodus 18:17-23) So Moses' father-in-law said to him, "The thing that you do is not good. "Both you and these people who are with you will surely wear yourselves out. For this thing is too much for you; you are not able to perform it by yourself. "Listen now to my voice; I will give you counsel, and God will be with you: Stand before God for the people, so that you may bring the difficulties to God. "And you shall teach them the statutes and the laws, and show them the way in which they must walk and the work they must do. "Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. "And let them judge the people at all times. Then it will be that every great matter they shall bring to you, but every small matter they themselves shall judge. So it will be easier for you, for they will bear the burden with you. "If you do this thing, and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all this people will also go to their place in peace." (NKJV)

Good advice even today.....the Word is timeless and relevant even here! How to do this is up to you.

(Proverbs 15:22) Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established. (NKJV)

asells45

imported post

asells45 would like to have an ocp here in the macomb county area and need some help you can e mail me at asells45@yahoo.com or at ajsells@att.net or you can call me on my cell phone at 586 610 8613. Thank you very much. My old user name was asells01 i had to change it need some help with this thank you very much. Adam Sells