Thread: What do you guys think about a Connecticut citizens defense league?

Post imported post

class="forumText"I have the free web hosting space. Kind of something like the sportsman's coalition but with more support for handguns/carry rights/ebr's.

Post imported post

I'm in, I would also like to help with website/researching & gathering.

Post imported post

sounds good to me!

Post imported post

I posted the same thread on the ar15 hometown forums. The response I got is that we should support the Connecticut shooters and sportsman. They are accomplishing the goals I have.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=...6&t=314252

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I think it is a good idea. It would be helpful to have a grassroots organization that will get pro gun and pro self defense issues moving.

Post imported post

Minus. I would have interest.

Post imported post

Not sure what this is about....but I'm interested.

Somebody please explain.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

uskrusader wrote:
    Not sure what this is about....but I'm interested.

Somebody please explain.
    Check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) for the benefits - this is one awesome group of volunteers. I cannot say enough good. http://www.vcdl.org/

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I'm in....

Something has to be done to change attitudes in CT about carrying guns. I just took the NRA pistol instructor course where even my instructer and fellow instructor students seemed to think that open carry in CT was illegal.They are teaching that firearms must be concealed! I interjected, but the idea of OC was not well received.

Personnally I'm starting slow...OCing in my backyard in sight of my friendly but likely liberal neighbours.

Post imported post

I would like to hear more then I'm sure I will get involved

Post imported post

I would like to get involved. Pleas keepthe forum updated on anything that is starting on this.

Thanks
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

Welcome aboard sfcret & THE LOVER

You and others like you are the life blood of this movement. If we don't grow, we falter and grow stagnate.

May i suggest that a group (no matter how small) of you get together and discuss what you'd like to see in/of a Conn. grassroots organization. You already have a poster (adamwa) with experience in web sites that as shown interest.

Don't wait for somebody else to start this ball rolling. Personal involvement is very rewarding - fun too.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Welcome aboard sfcret & THE LOVER

You and others like you are the life blood of this movement. If we don't grow, we falter and grow stagnate.

May i suggest that a group (no matter how small) of you get together and discuss what you'd like to see in/of a Conn. grassroots organization. You already have a poster (adamwa) with experience in web sites that as shown interest.

Don't wait for somebody else to start this ball rolling. Personal involvement is very rewarding - fun too.

Yata hey
    Amen! ...so ....who wants to start this thing? I'd suggest a meet and greetof CT folks in a central location.....like middletown....or Newington (...where one cangun shop!! ). Perhaps dinner at Ruth's Chris or something.

Post imported post

I would like to get involved.

Post imported post

Good to see more interest in this. I still have the webspace.

Post imported post

Come on guys 'n gals - you gotta eat, most three times a day. Get together, eat, talk and celebrate. Pick a spot, two or three get together then post your report. Stir the pot and others will follow.

It's not going to happen hear - you need face time.

Yata hey

Post imported post

I will post a new topic concerning this in the CT forum.

I suggest we have a meeting of like-minded folks in Newington, CT. I suggest Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because Sean Hannity has told me to go there for years and I've never been. Furthermore, I suggest Monday, 16 Feb 09 (President's Day) at 1800hrs. Newington is central CT, and I love to gun shop there!

I DO NOT intend this to be an Open Carry event. I personally am not ready to risk my permit yet.....perhaps in the future as I learn more about how to do this without the potential of causing mass hysteria.

I intend this to be a meeting of folks interested in planning future open carry events, and/or creating a group of like minded law-abiding, gun toting patriots! (ie CT Defense League or something).

Please respond if you're interested!!

I look forward to meeting you all!

Post imported post

I know we will all not be able to attend no mattewr what date you pick. This date does not work for me, will be out of state. Let us all know how this meeting goes. If Ruth Chris is to expense then consider Hops Restaurant, Bar & Brewery (Brewpub ) phone: 860-594-8808 fax: 860-594-8810
    3260 Berlin Turnpike
    Newington,CT6111 http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp

Post imported post

sfcret wrote:
    I know we will all not be able to attend no mattewr what date you pick. This date does not work for me, will be out of state. Let us all know how this meeting goes. If Ruth Chris is to expense then consider Hops Restaurant, Bar & Brewery (Brewpub ) phone: 860-594-8808 fax: 860-594-8810
    3260 Berlin Turnpike
    Newington,CT6111 http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp
    If folks here prefer to go cheaper....I'm in...whatever.

sfcret: no date is set in stone....when will you be back??Ourmovement will depend on people like you who are willing to make it happen.

If things work out....we'll have another event as soon as we can arrange it. I'm highly motivated to help get a grassroots movement started here like they're done in VA and NH...etc etc. Let's change attitudes in our communities!

Ruth's Chris or Hops Resturant?? please post if you have any interest regardless.....post your preferred dates and place.

I'm willing to tally up responses and come up with a meeting plan...if someone can't be part of it for whatever reason....whatever!! We'll organize another event later! I'll support any noble effort to advance the Open Carryorganization ormovement in CT!

I want tostart something in no later than March. (I need to get off my whining butt)

cheers and MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

I posted here in the other topic already... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/20961.html

Hops in Newington, Feb. 16th at 6 p.m. sounds like a good idea. All in favor?

I'm new to Connecticut and would like to do what I can here, especially with other folks who have a similar political persuasion as myself.

Post imported post

minus wrote:

class="forumText"I have the free web hosting space. Kind of something like the sportsman's coalition but with more support for handguns/carry rights/ebr's.
    I AM DOWN FOR THIS! Let me know the information!

-Joe

Post imported post

I will be back on 2/17. If that dates works better for more of those that would like to attend. Lets have everyone reply what date is beter 16 or 17 and then the meeting should happen when the most will attend.

Post imported post

sfcret wrote:
    I will be back on 2/17. If that dates works better for more of those that would like to attend. Lets have everyone reply what date is beter 16 or 17 and then the meeting should happen when the most will attend.
    I will post this on the new thread:

Dinner/Meeting: Official sign-up/dicussion thread!!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/21207.html