• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you guys think about a Connecticut citizens defense league?

minus

imported post

clear.gif

clear.gif

class="forumText"I have the free web hosting space. Kind of something like the sportsman's coalition but with more support for handguns/carry rights/ebr's.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I think it is a good idea. It would be helpful to have a grassroots organization that will get pro gun and pro self defense issues moving.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

uskrusader wrote:
Not sure what this is about....but I'm interested.

Somebody please explain.
Check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) for the benefits - this is one awesome group of volunteers. I cannot say enough good. http://www.vcdl.org/

Yata hey

uskrusader

imported post

I'm in....

Something has to be done to change attitudes in CT about carrying guns. I just took the NRA pistol instructor course where even my instructer and fellow instructor students seemed to think that open carry in CT was illegal.They are teaching that firearms must be concealed! I interjected, but the idea of OC was not well received.

Personnally I'm starting slow...OCing in my backyard in sight of my friendly but likely liberal neighbours.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome aboard sfcret & THE LOVER

You and others like you are the life blood of this movement. If we don't grow, we falter and grow stagnate.

May i suggest that a group (no matter how small) of you get together and discuss what you'd like to see in/of a Conn. grassroots organization. You already have a poster (adamwa) with experience in web sites that as shown interest.

Don't wait for somebody else to start this ball rolling. Personal involvement is very rewarding - fun too.

Yata hey

uskrusader

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Welcome aboard sfcret & THE LOVER

You and others like you are the life blood of this movement. If we don't grow, we falter and grow stagnate.

May i suggest that a group (no matter how small) of you get together and discuss what you'd like to see in/of a Conn. grassroots organization. You already have a poster (adamwa) with experience in web sites that as shown interest.

Don't wait for somebody else to start this ball rolling. Personal involvement is very rewarding - fun too.

Yata hey

Amen! ...so ....who wants to start this thing? I'd suggest a meet and greetof CT folks in a central location.....like middletown....or Newington (...where one cangun shop!! :)). Perhaps dinner at Ruth's Chris or something.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Come on guys 'n gals - you gotta eat, most three times a day. Get together, eat, talk and celebrate. Pick a spot, two or three get together then post your report. Stir the pot and others will follow.

It's not going to happen hear - you need face time. :)

Yata hey

uskrusader

imported post

I will post a new topic concerning this in the CT forum.

I suggest we have a meeting of like-minded folks in Newington, CT. I suggest Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because Sean Hannity has told me to go there for years and I've never been.:D Furthermore, I suggest Monday, 16 Feb 09 (President's Day) at 1800hrs. Newington is central CT, and I love to gun shop there!

I DO NOT intend this to be an Open Carry event. I personally am not ready to risk my permit yet.....perhaps in the future as I learn more about how to do this without the potential of causing mass hysteria.

I intend this to be a meeting of folks interested in planning future open carry events, and/or creating a group of like minded law-abiding, gun toting patriots! (ie CT Defense League or something).

Please respond if you're interested!!

I look forward to meeting you all!

sfcret

imported post

I know we will all not be able to attend no mattewr what date you pick. This date does not work for me, will be out of state. Let us all know how this meeting goes. If Ruth Chris is to expense then consider Hops Restaurant, Bar & Brewery [size=-1](Brewpub ) phone: 860-594-8808 fax: 860-594-8810 [/size]
3260 Berlin Turnpike
Newington,CT6111 http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp

uskrusader

imported post

sfcret wrote:
I know we will all not be able to attend no mattewr what date you pick. This date does not work for me, will be out of state. Let us all know how this meeting goes. If Ruth Chris is to expense then consider Hops Restaurant, Bar & Brewery [size=-1] (Brewpub ) phone: 860-594-8808 fax: 860-594-8810 [/size]
3260 Berlin Turnpike
Newington,CT6111 http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp

If folks here prefer to go cheaper....I'm in...whatever.

sfcret: no date is set in stone....when will you be back??Ourmovement will depend on people like you who are willing to make it happen.

If things work out....we'll have another event as soon as we can arrange it. I'm highly motivated to help get a grassroots movement started here like they're done in VA and NH...etc etc. Let's change attitudes in our communities!

Ruth's Chris or Hops Resturant?? please post if you have any interest regardless.....post your preferred dates and place.

I'm willing to tally up responses and come up with a meeting plan...if someone can't be part of it for whatever reason....whatever!! We'll organize another event later! I'll support any noble effort to advance the Open Carryorganization ormovement in CT!

I want tostart something in no later than March. (I need to get off my whining butt)

cheers and MOLON LABE!!