• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle Open Carry

thurlow88fan

imported post

He Y'all, my question is this: When I am riding my motorcycle am I legal to Open Carry with either a shoulder harness or holster. I have thought about making one for the bike but wanted to talk to the locals before pissing them off. Any help would be appreciated,TTP

xdfan

imported post

The NC state statutes are silent on the manner of open carry. A few towns have regs like Chapel Hill with the 6" minimum length requirement but nothing about *how*.

Last time I OCed on the motorcycle, it was in a Blackhawk SERPA retention holster.

thurlow88fan

imported post

Hey XD fan, so it was on your belt or shoulder? I thought shoulder would be more obvious i.e. less hassel but it very well could be more. I have been robbed on my bike before sitting at a stop light on my 66 HD. easy, TTP