Thread: New member, lake County

Post imported post

I've had a LTCH in Indiana for 35 years and always carry concealed. I only carry open when I'm on the shooting range. I've never carried open in public. Does my LTCH permit allow me to carry open? If it is allowed , maybe I will start carrying open for the convenience and to demonstrate my right to carry.

Post imported post

With your LTCH, you CAN open carry.

Post imported post

Indiana law says that you can only carry a handgun (does not specify how) if you have a license to carry a handgun. So, whether you choose to conceal, carry openly, or duct taped to your forehead, you are not breaking the law as long as you possess a LTCH.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Professor P. wrote:
    I've had a LTCH in Indiana for 35 years and always carry concealed. I only carry open when I'm on the shooting range. I've never carried open in public. Does my LTCH permit allow me to carry open? If it is allowed , maybe I will start carrying open for the convenience and to demonstrate my right to carry.
    Just be careful in Gary and East Chicago... (I think those are the two cities.)

State law preempts local ordinances on firearms regulations. However, municipal ordinances passed before 1994 are NOT preempted.

I think Gary and/or E.C. have pre-1994 ordinances. It my be Hammond, or another town....

Any of the other Indiana folk know which towns to stay out of? I am not familiar with that area; I never really have any reason to go there.