• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member, lake County

Professor P.

imported post

I've had a LTCH in Indiana for 35 years and always carry concealed. I only carry open when I'm on the shooting range. I've never carried open in public. Does my LTCH permit allow me to carry open? If it is allowed , maybe I will start carrying open for the convenience and to demonstrate my right to carry.

tattedupboy

imported post

Indiana law says that you can only carry a handgun (does not specify how) if you have a license to carry a handgun. So, whether you choose to conceal, carry openly, or duct taped to your forehead, you are not breaking the law as long as you possess a LTCH.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Professor P. wrote:
I've had a LTCH in Indiana for 35 years and always carry concealed. I only carry open when I'm on the shooting range. I've never carried open in public. Does my LTCH permit allow me to carry open? If it is allowed , maybe I will start carrying open for the convenience and to demonstrate my right to carry.

Just be careful in Gary and East Chicago... (I think those are the two cities.)

State law preempts local ordinances on firearms regulations. However, municipal ordinances passed before 1994 are NOT preempted.

I think Gary and/or E.C. have pre-1994 ordinances. It my be Hammond, or another town....

Any of the other Indiana folk know which towns to stay out of? I am not familiar with that area; I never really have any reason to go there.