Thread: ABC, 11:30 - open carry.

Post imported post

for all the nightowls like me, tune in to ABC (channel 4 on comcast) to see a piece on open carry. for the non-nightowls, here's a youtube link.

Bobby

Post imported post

no link

Post imported post

I am watching it right now and it looks interesting. Lets see how they spin the segment.

UPDATE: Ok, it wasnt that interesting of a segment, but opencarry.org got alot of press. I thought it was interesting when the police in the area had no comment. Overall it was neutral.

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIEzkXN1SYY

sorry about that. using my SO's Apple laptop. not used to it yet....

Bobby

Post imported post

just watched it. although the reporter seemed to try to dramatize and sensationalize it, it ended up being a reassuring, non-eventful, and comforting piece, especially to those who don't OC. Mr. Pierce was very well spoken and did a great job of answering all the reporter's questions. makes me want to OC more now.

along that line, anyone know a place in the south sound where i can buy a Serpa in person at a brick and mortar store?

Bobby

Post imported post

And at least he tried to get all the sides of the story by calling the local police station. Maybe a few quips by passer by's would have been good.

That picnic looks really fun.

Post imported post

Bobarino wrote:
    just watched it. although the reporter seemed to try to dramatize and sensationalize it, it ended up being a reassuring, non-eventful, and comforting piece, especially to those who don't OC. Mr. Pierce was very well spoken and did a great job of answering all the reporter's questions. makes me want to OC more now.

along that line, anyone know a place in the south sound where i can buy a Serpa in person at a brick and mortar store?

Bobby
    Bobby, check out Larry's Gun Shop in Olympia. It's under new management and one of the new owners, Jeff, is a member here and I imagine he'd be happy to help you get more secure with your OC through a better-retention holster.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, USA

Post imported post

On those whole, it was a positive piece but did include classic elements of mild gotcha journalism (i.e., pick out one of the participants of color - his related story of a contact was solid in defense of the issues of open carry and color). However, applause for the picnic folks whole kept things calm, holstered and positive. I firmly believe that they were there to mock the crowd but came away with something less than what they wanted. In other words, normal folks, no yahoos, across the spectrum types and a PD wise enough to keep its yap shut.

Post imported post

Bobarino wrote:

Bobby
    Not sure if it's closer to you than Olympia, but LEEDS on 6th Ave in Tacoma tends to stock a decent variety of SERPA's.

Post imported post

ah, thanks G20. i forgot all about Leeds. they're not too far from my work. i'll have to swing by on my way home one of these days. thanks.

Bobby

Post imported post

If Leeds doesn't have it check Bullseye, 414 Puyallup Ave. They had Serpa holsters when I was last there.

MD

Post imported post

I had to go online because no one locally had a serpa for my HK

Post imported post

Sean wrote:
    I had to go online because no one locally had a serpa for my HK
    Did you check with LEEDs as he is an authorized dealer and repair station for H&K and generally has everything for them.