• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC, 11:30 - open carry.

Bobarino

imported post

for all the nightowls like me, tune in to ABC (channel 4 on comcast) to see a piece on open carry. for the non-nightowls, here's a youtube link.

Bobby

computerizedfish

imported post

I am watching it right now and it looks interesting. Lets see how they spin the segment.

UPDATE: Ok, it wasnt that interesting of a segment, but opencarry.org got alot of press. I thought it was interesting when the police in the area had no comment. Overall it was neutral.

Bobarino

imported post

just watched it. although the reporter seemed to try to dramatize and sensationalize it, it ended up being a reassuring, non-eventful, and comforting piece, especially to those who don't OC. Mr. Pierce was very well spoken and did a great job of answering all the reporter's questions. makes me want to OC more now.

along that line, anyone know a place in the south sound where i can buy a Serpa in person at a brick and mortar store?

Bobby

nofoa

imported post

And at least he tried to get all the sides of the story by calling the local police station. Maybe a few quips by passer by's would have been good.

That picnic looks really fun.

just_a_car

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
just watched it. although the reporter seemed to try to dramatize and sensationalize it, it ended up being a reassuring, non-eventful, and comforting piece, especially to those who don't OC. Mr. Pierce was very well spoken and did a great job of answering all the reporter's questions. makes me want to OC more now.

along that line, anyone know a place in the south sound where i can buy a Serpa in person at a brick and mortar store?

Bobby
Bobby, check out Larry's Gun Shop in Olympia. It's under new management and one of the new owners, Jeff, is a member here and I imagine he'd be happy to help you get more secure with your OC through a better-retention holster.

Morris

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, US
imported post

On those whole, it was a positive piece but did include classic elements of mild gotcha journalism (i.e., pick out one of the participants of color - his related story of a contact was solid in defense of the issues of open carry and color). However, applause for the picnic folks whole kept things calm, holstered and positive. I firmly believe that they were there to mock the crowd but came away with something less than what they wanted. In other words, normal folks, no yahoos, across the spectrum types and a PD wise enough to keep its yap shut.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Bobarino wrote:

Bobby
Not sure if it's closer to you than Olympia, but LEEDS on 6th Ave in Tacoma tends to stock a decent variety of SERPA's.

Bobarino

imported post

ah, thanks G20. i forgot all about Leeds. they're not too far from my work. i'll have to swing by on my way home one of these days. thanks.

Bobby