Thread: BEWARE its illegal to OC your CCW weapon

Post imported post

I walked in to the Las Vegas Gun Range and Firearms store by Blue Diamond Highway and Las Vegas Blvd. with OC because I was going to use the range. The clerk ask me if it was loaded I told him yes and he told me to go outside and unload it. When I came back in he ask me if I had a CCW and and I told him yes I do . He told me that It illegal in the state of Nevada to OC with your CCW registered weapon and that I was basically brandishing my firearms for OCing it. If I have another weapon that is not on my CCW permit then I can OC it. I didn't argue with him I just told him that I didn't know that, but I knew that it's perfectly legal to OC your CCW in Las Vegas but I wasn't sure if they changed something. Any takes on this. I love this store but I don't know if I'm going back there again. What do you guys think?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jj45 wrote:
    I walked in to the Las Vegas Gun Range and Firearms store by Blue Diamond Highway and Las Vegas Blvd. with OC because I was going to use the range. The clerk ask me if it was loaded I told him yes and he told me to go outside and unload it. When I came back in he ask me if I had a CCW and and I told him yes I do . He told me that It illegal in the state of Nevada to OC with your CCW registered weapon and that I was basically brandishing my firearms for OCing it. If I have another weapon that is not on my CCW permit then I can OC it. I didn't argue with him I just told him that I didn't know that, but I knew that it's perfectly legal to OC your CCW in Las Vegas but I wasn't sure if they changed something. Any takes on this. I love this store but I don't know if I'm going back there again. What do you guys think?
    First, welcome to OCDO!

That guy doesn't have a clue and he is COMPLETELY WRONG!! There is NOTHING in the the NRSabout OC at all. Laws don't tell you what you CAN do, but only what is illegal. A CCW permit tells you that you CAN CC, not that you must.

Take a look at this thread here, it'll help:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/12253.html

Then bring that guy a copy of the flyer and show him where he is misinformed. If he insists, you may want to tell the owner/manager that if he insists in hiring people that are going to quote the law, they should actually know it. Doing otherwise is a disservice to law abiding citizens and their customers.

Post imported post

another blathering fool spreading untruths...

Post imported post

I've been told this so many times.. its complete folderol.

"O yeah? What is the exact NRS code on that one, smart guy?"

Post imported post

Although not unusual, it IS alarming to hear of all these anecdotes of MISinformation.

These people (gun store clerks, etc) are doing a huge disservice. I would hope that everyone would follow up with a polite "correction."

Another example: On Bill Manders' radio talk show (KKOH Reno, 780 khz) a couple of days ago, a male caller said he attended a NV CCW class in Reno just two weeks ago and was told by a female CCW instructor that a person without a permit could NOT have a loaded handgun in his/her vehicle. NOT true. Luckily, Bill Manders also had a Reno police commander on the air who confirmed this is NOT true. The LEO confirmed the handgun can be anywhere in your vehicle as long as it is NOT concealed upon your person.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

What about the huge error made by the NLV Police spokesperson?

http://www.lvrj.com/news/21958414.html

Why am I expected to obey state law while cities think they are free to ignore them?

The mayor of NLV already confirmed the city law is moot as of the 10/31/2007, so why are city spokespersons confirming otherwise?

Post imported post

I bought 3 of my guns from this place - they are idiots - in fact, i haven't met many gun store employees who aren't arrogant idiots who are often ill informed, but seem to know more then God.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Try American Shooters on Spring Mountain and Arville. Knowledgable and friendly, and never a word about my OC, which I do just about everywhere I go, including there, and I've been there at least a dozen times in the last year.

Activist Member

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    - in fact, i haven't met many gun store employees who aren't arrogant idiots who are often ill informed, but seem to know more then God.

I've come across the same problem. Every now and then I'll meetone who is both politeand knowledgeble, but I've also met my share of arrogant and ignorant gun dealers.

Post imported post

the only place i will go now is Discount on highland to buy ammo and use the range. other then that, i buy off the net. i am done being treated like trash at these places.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    the only place i will go now is Discount on highland to buy ammo and use the range. other then that, i buy off the net. i am done being treated like trash at these places.
    +1. American Shooters is staffed by arrogant, aggressive kids who think they know everything, and can bark orders at you like you're some dog or something. After spending thousands in their store and range, I am still treated like dirt by these people.

The manager is very nice, but the kids working for him have a lot to learn about customer service. That, and their range is shot to hell by a bunch of tourists dangerously handling rented firearms, to say the least. Very scary when the lane dividers are full of holes!!!

Discount, on Highland, is staffed by arelatively friendly, laid-back but PROFESSIONAL staff that will address you as a customer should be addressed. Also, they have the best ammo prices I've seen, and great deals on handguns too.

It is the ONLY indoor range I will go to, much better than shooters or the Gun Store, which makes you use lead-free frangible ammo @ $35 a box or something crazy like that.

Post imported post

Wheel wrote:

Discount, on Highland, is staffed by arelatively friendly, laid-back but PROFESSIONAL staff that will address you as a customer should be addressed. Also, they have the best ammo prices I've seen, and great deals on handguns too.
    +1000 on Discount. They even have said that NV is open carry and condone it with a smile.

Post imported post

I work near the gun Store on trop...they are now on my list of a-holes. customer service is not expected unless i have cleavage or $1500.00 cash.

Post imported post

I agree the employees at the gun store are A-holes, I will never go in there again.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

+1 on The Gun Store. Overpriced, cater to tourists, and have a "clean" range so you have to buy their overpriced non-lead ammo. Avoid.