• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Week whos In?

jj45

imported post

Open Carry Week July 4, 5, and 6 who's In? See your around.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Of course, we're in. :)

I'm not normally game for OCing in big crowds, as it makes retention an issue. Never the less, the huge 4th of July gatherings offer a really good opportunity to get the word out. The risk may well be worth it.

Is anyone interested in setting up and manning some booths at various venues throughout Vegas (or the rest of the state) where there are large Independence Day celebrations to get the word out about gun rights and OC.

We still have time to get some pamphlets printed up, etc.

As long as we keep it to public areas, LEO won't have any justification for saying no, and no private property owners to get you for trespassing.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I always OC, so I'll be OC'ing those three days as well.

On the 4th of July I plan to watch fireworks in Virginia City, and yes I will be carrying.

Loneviking

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
I always OC, so I'll be OC'ing those three days as well.

On the 4th of July I plan to watch fireworks in Virginia City, and yes I will be carrying.
I wish I could be there in Virginia City, but I have to work. The parking lotnext tothe Bucket of Blood saloon offers the best viewing!

farcrygunner

imported post

Hi u all whem and where I've to reno about a year ago love to OC i have a CCW but prefere to OC let me know love to join u guys and show my suport to OC

farcrygunner

imported post

Hi u all whem and where I've moved to reno about a year ago love to OC i have a CCW but prefere to OC let me know love to join u guys and show my suport to OC

farcrygunner

imported post

Let me know where, I'm from reno is anyone OCing in Reno? sometimes I feel like I'm the only 1 love to join whom ever is going to OC on 4th of July

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Welcome to the forum farcrygunner.

farcrygunner wrote:
Let me know where, I'm from reno is anyone OCing in Reno? sometimes I feel like I'm the only 1 love to join whom ever is going to OC on 4th of July

I OC in Reno all the time, so you aren't alone.

I'll be at Virginia City with my family for the 4th of July but some other day maybe we can meet.

farcrygunner

imported post

Cool, let me know when and where, my name is Paulo my cell 443-695-5884 give me a buzz, have a great 4th be safe

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm pretty sure you won't be hassled in Virginia City. I've visited family there, and been to the Bucket of Blood a number of times. Plenty of OC in that Saloon!!!

:celebrate

Jondd88

imported post

If there is a gathering of OCers in Vegas, I would love to participate. OCing is something I have always wanted to get into but due to my inherent shyness, I lack confidence in dealing with the potential social situations that doing so might cause. This is not helped by the fact that I moved here about 2 years ago from CA and still to this day have yet to encounter an OCing civilian. Perhaps the opportunity to OC in a group of fellow friendly OCers might give me the boost of confidence I need to do it on my own. I've heard they have similar events in VA and I think it would be cool to have something like that here.

yeahYeah

imported post

Jondd88 wrote:
If there is a gathering of OCers in Vegas, I would love to participate. OCing is something I have always wanted to get into but due to my inherent shyness, I lack confidence in dealing with the potential social situations that doing so might cause. This is not helped by the fact that I moved here about 2 years ago from CA and still to this day have yet to encounter an OCing civilian. Perhaps the opportunity to OC in a group of fellow friendly OCers might give me the boost of confidence I need to do it on my own. I've heard they have similar events in VA and I think it would be cool to have something like that here.
same here. if there was an organized gathering somewhere in town, it would be the ideal ice breaker/confidence builder for me.

I am game for it, if someone has a place and time.

njeske

imported post

I'm going to be in Virginia City all day today with the wife. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there. Are most of the establishments open carry friendly? I know we're going to want to sightsee and eat during the day. I'm debating whether or not to OC all day or just for the concert and fireworks.