• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc in fredmyers

Elijah

imported post

Well I oc today in the West 11th Fredmyers store and had NO problem's:) I thought 4 sure someone would say something! I just leared about the oc law's in Oregon this week:what:. I have my CHL and I'm only 22 my friends think I'm nuts but, like I say "It's better to have it and NOT need it then, NOT HAVE IT AND NEED IT!!!!!I got some crazy looks though:? maybe because I'm younger and it's not every day you see someone my age walking around such a liberal town with a gun a 1911 @ that! I like to think of my self as a "GUN TOTING LIBERAL"
Elijah

Kanara

imported post

I watched Nightline last night and learned about OC. I have had a CWP since 1993. I have had three beeakins in my homes-while I was there! There will one side to the story-mine-if or when it happens again. I am glad there are peopel who have concealed weapons but I am really happy to see Open carried weapons. I have always carried my weapon on Trimet-with good reason. Glad to hear there were no problems in FM. I once went into the old Providence hospital in Newberg that had a sign of WEAPON FREE ZONE. I took my gun in anyway.

Glad to know this site is here and I will be ordering a t-shirt and hat. :)

orygunr

imported post

Great to hear your OC went well and that you prepared yourself in advance with the legal issues. :cool:

Btw, I heard that the wait period for obtaining a CHL in Lane County has gone up to 45 days; do you know if that is correct?

Elijah

imported post

Not to sure about that? Just give good old Russel Burger ( Lane County Sheriff) a call and I'm sure they can answer any qustion's you might have. Good Luck :cool: oh ya I was told it would take 30 days when I applyed and I recived it in 2 weeks:)

Orygunner

imported post

I just applied for my CHL with Lane County Sheriff's office on Monday (6/23). They said they JUST sent out the ones from the end of May, so they're currently right around 30 days.

Looking forward to getting mine towards the end of July! :celebrate

Trying to open carry as much as I can until then, though, and will continue to open carry as much as I can after that.

...Orygunner...

rds801

imported post

2 weeks is pretty fast. I did everything on June 4th and I'm still waiting. (Yamhill County):(

Orygunner

imported post

I'm sure hoping mine will be a shorter wait than the 30 days they said to expect. I've only lived in Oregon since I was 18, and have a squeaky clean record (only 1 ticket for littering 5 years ago).

My wife & parents-in-law are going down to the Lane County Sheriff's office to apply today, so we'll see what happens with theirs by comparison (they're all squeaky clean too, but lived in more states).

...Orygunner...

rds801

imported post

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

just got my CHL from the mailbox. Out the door I go to test it out.