Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Rules......Who let the dogs out!!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Yeah! Listen to this Sara Brady: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

--

From Scotus Blog
    http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/
    Affirmed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The Court has released the opinion in District of Columbia v. Heller (07-290), on whether the District’s firearms regulations – which bar the possession of handguns and require shotguns and rifles to be kept disassembled or under trigger lock – violate the Second Amendment. The ruling below, which struck down the provisions in question, is affirmed.
    Justice Scalia wrote the opinion. Justice Breyer dissented, joined by Justices Stevens, Souter and Ginsburg. We will provide a link to the decision as soon as it is available.
    10:13 Tom Goldstein - Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm.

Post imported post

I have tears in my eyes. We all should be proud we live in such a great country. My hats off to all who have worked and upheld the cause. Mtn Jack :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

I love my Country!!!!!

Congratulations to EVERY free citizen who has just had their rights reaffirmed today by the hard work and perserverance of people like those in this forum!!

It should be noted though, that we cannot stop being diligent in watching what the courts and politians are doing...please note the following quote by a dissenting SCOTUS Justice:

"the majority "would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons."

Translation? "We need ways to take rights away from Free citizens to better control them"

We have a victory, buty the war isnt over yet.

Post imported post

It's official, we've taken Normandy.

On to Berlin...
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Amen

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I hope this decision starts a snowball effect for all other unconstitutional regulations in other states of America. God Bless the citizens of DC

Post imported post

The Bush admin was not totally happy with the descision and McCain voted in Ginsberg. So when's the first dining out in DC????????

Post imported post

Souter is a piece of garbage...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Link to opinion.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    The Bush admin was not totally happy with the descision and McCain voted in Ginsberg. So when's the first dining out in DC????????
    NOW we are talking:celebrate.

How do you Guys think Commi...hrm...I mean...California will react to this

TJ

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    It make take more lawsuits before that will happen. AFIAK this only affected 2 laws baring the ownership of handguns and requiring disassembly or trigger locks.

I skimmed the 63 page opinion, and though bear was broadly interpreted to mean carrying, there was no direct assertion that DC must allow carry.

Also as absurd as this may seem, the ruling allowed DC to require that people have permits to carry their guns in their homes.

The important thing is that there is no longer any question that RKBA is an individual right, further lawsuits will work to chip away at laws that infringe on that right.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    The Court has released the opinion in District of Columbia v. Heller (07-290), on whether the District’s firearms regulations – which bar the possession of handguns and require shotguns and rifles to be kept disassembled or under trigger lock – violate the Second Amendment. The ruling below, which struck down the provisions in question, is affirmed.
    Justice Scalia wrote the opinion. Justice Breyer dissented, joined by Justices Stevens, Souter and Ginsburg. We will provide a link to the decision as soon as it is available.
    10:13 Tom Goldstein - Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm.
    Maybe this kind of ruling could help us to get rid of "Utah Unloaded".

TJ

Post imported post

I am sure glad to have moved away from THAT woman! I am happily in VA instead of that communist state!

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a leading gun control advocate in Congress, criticized the ruling. "I believe the people of this great country will be less safe because of it," she said.

Damn crybaby!
    I bet she was talking directly to her paid armed guard.

Post imported post

Mtn Jack wrote:
    I have tears in my eyes. We all should be proud we live in such a great country. My hats off to all who have worked and upheld the cause. Mtn Jack :celebrate:celebrate

I had the same reaction! Definitely teared up a little. Now is the time to push for our rights harder than ever! This is the beginning, a great first step in the right direction!

Bravo to all those on the front lines, as well as to all of us fighting on more of a grassroots level! :celebrate

Activist Member

Post imported post

Its good that they overturned something on grounds of the Second Amendment, which will set a precedent for future things being overturned on the basis of the second amendment.

Unfortunately, Scalia, who wrote the opinion still allows for virtually unlimited regulation, by allowing for guns purchases to be "qualified," and allowing "bans on guns near schools and government buildings." So to ban all guns you simply need to limit it to a $500 a monthlicensing fee only allowed to ex-police officers and ban guns within 20 miles of every school and government building.

Regular Member desert-prospector's Avatar
    (City of the Crosses), Las Cruces New Mexico, USA

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a leading gun control advocate in Congress, criticized the ruling. "I believe the people of this great country will be less safe because of it," she said.

Damn crybaby!
    I lived in CA for 13 years, it's my understanding that Sen. Dianne Feinstein has a CC permit. Am I wrong?

On the ruling - WHOO HOO !!!!! We gotta keep pushing though...

Post imported post

Actually, I do believe that is true, although I don't think there is any official confirmation.

Edit: I think that most of the anti-gunners there do have them

Post imported post

desert-prospector wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:

Damn crybaby!
    I lived in CA for 13 years, it's my understanding that Sen. Dianne Feinstein has a CC permit. Am I wrong?

On the ruling - WHOO HOO !!!!! We gotta keep pushing though...
    ==============
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein has a CC permit
    But that's because SHE feels that SHE is special enough. Kinda like Rosie O'Donnell feels that HER Bodyguard can Carry and protect HER and HER FAMILY.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Congratulations to each and every one of YOU! It is the attitude of proud,intelligent and determined American Citizens like Mr. Heller and each of you who stand up for your rights that have brought this to pass.

Every time you write your representatives - we win!

Every time you write a PD, Sheriff, or business regarding the legality of carry - we win.

Every time you educateanyone on what is and is not legal - we win!

Every time you safely handle a firearm and teach another to safely handle it - we win!

Every time you refuse to be bullied or coerced by anyone who would corrupt the truth in favor of their own agenda - we win!

Every time you stop or deter a crime against an innocent - we win!

Every time you exercise you right to bear any types of arms - we win!

Every time you Open Carry proudly down the streets of America - we win!

America Wins!

I am proud to stand here and be counted amongst you all as American Citizens. As noted in the dissents and opposing commentary, the war isn't over and we can expect a greater responsefrom the enemy. Not is not the time to let our guards down. Now is the time for increased vigilance and resolute passion to our cause. The cause of standing up as Americans against the tyranny that would oppress us and say NO MORE!

God Bless Each of You and God Bless America!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Congratulations to each and every one of YOU! It is the attitude of proud,intelligent and determined American Citizens like Mr. Heller and each of you who stand up for your rights that have brought this to pass.

Every time you write your representatives - we win!

Every time you write a PD, Sheriff, or business regarding the legality of carry - we win.

Every time you educateanyone on what is and is not legal - we win!

Every time you safely handle a firearm and teach another to safely handle it - we win!

Every time you refuse to be bullied or coerced by anyone who would corrupt the truth in favor of their own agenda - we win!

Every time you stop or deter a crime against an innocent - we win!

Every time you exercise you right to bear any types of arms - we win!

Every time you Open Carry proudly down the streets of America - we win!

America Wins!

I am proud to stand here and be counted amongst you all as American Citizens. As noted in the dissents and opposing commentary, the war isn't over and we can expect a greater responsefrom the enemy. Not is not the time to let our guards down. Now is the time for increased vigilance and resolute passion to our cause. The cause of standing up as Americans against the tyranny that would oppress us and say NO MORE!

God Bless Each of You and God Bless America!
    Ditto, BobCav,

Damn it, now you gave me that teary eye. Going all Patriotic on us ESPECIALLY since I am now a U.S Citizen:celebrate

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. ( note...,Don't necessarily the Government ). I Love the RIGHTS we have here and don't miss the LACK of them from hence I birthed ( I know, I wrote the last 3 words on PURPOSE).

TJ

Post imported post

This decision defines LIBERTY in this great country. I will make sure I cover this in my talk show Saturday.

PUT FORTH THE SEED AND WATCH IT GROW! :celebrate

Post imported post

WOW - this was a nice and well reasoned discussion of individual rights. While they do keep limits, they did acknowlege that the right to keep guns for self defense is a right that already exists - which is exactly what the framers meant. I am proud to be an American and I think the Court did the founders well today.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    WOW - this was a nice and well reasoned discussion of individual rights. While they do keep limits, they did acknowlege that the right to keep guns for self defense is a right that already exists - which is exactly what the framers meant. I am proud to be an American and I think the Court did the founders well today.
    This is a great first step!

Now when Obama gets up and starts talking about "protecting the rights of sportsmen" someone can stand up and let him have it.

Sporting purposes my ass...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast