• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supreme Court Rules......Who let the dogs out!!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

desert-prospector wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a leading gun control advocate in Congress, criticized the ruling. "I believe the people of this great country will be less safe because of it," she said.

Damn crybaby! :lol:

I lived in CA for 13 years, it's my understanding that Sen. Dianne Feinstein has a CC permit. Am I wrong?

On the ruling - WHOO HOO !!!!! We gotta keep pushing though...

==============
Sen. Dianne Feinstein has a CC permit
But that's because SHE feels that SHE is special enough. Kinda like Rosie O'Donnell feels that HER Bodyguard can Carry and protect HER and HER FAMILY.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

[align=left]Congratulations to each and every one of YOU! It is the attitude of proud,intelligent and determined American Citizens like Mr. Heller and each of you who stand up for your rights that have brought this to pass.

Every time you write your representatives - we win!

Every time you write a PD, Sheriff, or business regarding the legality of carry - we win.

Every time you educateanyone on what is and is not legal - we win!

Every time you safely handle a firearm and teach another to safely handle it - we win!

Every time you refuse to be bullied or coerced by anyone who would corrupt the truth in favor of their own agenda - we win!

Every time you stop or deter a crime against an innocent - we win!

Every time you exercise you right to bear any types of arms - we win!

Every time you Open Carry proudly down the streets of America - we win!

America Wins!

I am proud to stand here and be counted amongst you all as American Citizens. As noted in the dissents and opposing commentary, the war isn't over and we can expect a greater responsefrom the enemy. Not is not the time to let our guards down. Now is the time for increased vigilance and resolute passion to our cause. The cause of standing up as Americans against the tyranny that would oppress us and say NO MORE!

God Bless Each of You and God Bless America!
[/align]

Attachments

• animated-flag.gif
    animated-flag.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 392

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav wrote:
[align=left]Congratulations to each and every one of YOU! It is the attitude of proud,intelligent and determined American Citizens like Mr. Heller and each of you who stand up for your rights that have brought this to pass.

Every time you write your representatives - we win!

Every time you write a PD, Sheriff, or business regarding the legality of carry - we win.

Every time you educateanyone on what is and is not legal - we win!

Every time you safely handle a firearm and teach another to safely handle it - we win!

Every time you refuse to be bullied or coerced by anyone who would corrupt the truth in favor of their own agenda - we win!

Every time you stop or deter a crime against an innocent - we win!

Every time you exercise you right to bear any types of arms - we win!

Every time you Open Carry proudly down the streets of America - we win!

America Wins!

I am proud to stand here and be counted amongst you all as American Citizens. As noted in the dissents and opposing commentary, the war isn't over and we can expect a greater responsefrom the enemy. Not is not the time to let our guards down. Now is the time for increased vigilance and resolute passion to our cause. The cause of standing up as Americans against the tyranny that would oppress us and say NO MORE!

God Bless Each of You and God Bless America!
[/align]

Ditto, BobCav,

Damn it, now you gave me that teary eye:cuss:. Going all Patriotic on us ESPECIALLY since I am now a U.S Citizen:celebrate

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. ([suB][suP] note...,Don't necessarily the Government[/suP][/suB] ). I Love the RIGHTS we have here and don't miss the LACK of them from hence I birthed ( [suB][suP]I know, I wrote the last 3 words on PURPOSE[/suP][/suB]).

TJ

[suB][suP][/suP][/suB]

WARCHILD

imported post

This decision defines LIBERTY in this great country. I will make sure I cover this in my talk show Saturday.

PUT FORTH THE SEED AND WATCH IT GROW! :celebrate

theboyzmom

imported post

WOW - this was a nice and well reasoned discussion of individual rights. While they do keep limits, they did acknowlege that the right to keep guns for self defense is a right that already exists - which is exactly what the framers meant. I am proud to be an American and I think the Court did the founders well today.

ScottyT

imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
WOW - this was a nice and well reasoned discussion of individual rights. While they do keep limits, they did acknowlege that the right to keep guns for self defense is a right that already exists - which is exactly what the framers meant. I am proud to be an American and I think the Court did the founders well today.
This is a great first step!

Now when Obama gets up and starts talking about "protecting the rights of sportsmen" someone can stand up and let him have it.

Sporting purposes my ass...

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
theboyzmom wrote:
This is a great first step!

Now when Obama gets up and starts talking about "protecting the rights of sportsmen" someone can stand up and let him have it.

Sporting purposes my ass...
Yes, and in my opinion even if it is only a baby step, it is important as a baby's first steps. This step had not happened before on the second amendment.

It really saddens me that some of our more militant gun owning brethren are already throwing out misquotes and disinformation (like stuff from the dissenting opinions ) about a decision that comes down as best as it could have on the question of the case it had in front of it.

Some are saying this decision oks mass gun registration , when that issue (requiring registration) was not really even what was being asked or answered in the case.

Some are also saying it oks the outlawing weapons with potential military application, when instead it is saying that it is adding non military, non militia related weapons, and even non hunting type weapons as also perfectly legitimate to be owned by INDIVIDUALS.

In my perfect world, while this decision would have come out even stronger (within the bounds of judicial restraint) , the fact is in my perfect world we would never even have needed such a case.

Lew

imported post

Folks, I just had the most surreal experience.

Just as I found this thread and opened it, 5 o'clock stuck, and the national anthem began playing. I was reading about the affirmation of individual rights as the Big Voice blared the Star Spangled Banner. Chills? Oh yeah.

Bless America.

libertyrules

imported post

Scalia also makes clear that when "the right of the people" are referred to everywhere in the Constitution, it means just that: individual rights, not to be construed as "collective rights".

From Justice Scalia's Majority Opinion (slip opinion), June 26, 2008)

1. Operative Clause.
a. “Right of the People.” The first salient feature of
the operative clause is that it codifies a “right of the people.”
The unamended Constitution and the Bill of Rights
use the phrase “right of the people” two other times, in the
First Amendment’s Assembly-and-Petition Clause and in
the Fourth Amendment’s Search-and-Seizure Clause. The
Ninth Amendment uses very similar terminology (“The
enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall
not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by
the people”). All three of these instances unambiguously
refer to individual rights, not “collective” rights, or rights
that may be exercised only through participation in some
corporate body.5

It's an important point, because individual rights were assumed by the framers of the Constitution to be "God-given", and not privileges doled out by a collection of functionaries controlled by a mish-mash of elected officials.

I think, too, the SCOTUS ruling will smack the anti-gunners in the face, even the casual ones we meet while OCing, as we go about our business. Heh.

thorkyl

imported post

Listening to Sirius Channel 144 (Patriot Radio), man are they slamming Osama Obama over his back peddling stating his support for the decision (all he did is quote a part of the decision).

All I can say is WWWWHHHOOO HHHOOO.

Now what is the next step to proceed.

What can we do to help

Thanks Mr. Heller for standing up to the tyranny...

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
where do I get one of those shirts?
Well I believe Dick Heller had the shirt custom made. The Joe Jacoby jersey I got from the Washington Redskins store. (pretty sweet jersey if i might say myself!)

happy carrying,

jason

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
Unfortunately, Scalia, who wrote the opinion still allows for virtually unlimited regulation, by allowing for guns purchases to be "qualified," and allowing "bans on guns near schools and government buildings." So to ban all guns you simply need to limit it to a $500 a monthlicensing fee only allowed to ex-police officers and ban guns within 20 miles of every school and government building.
Not necessarily; the line is actually "in" schools and government buildings, not "near" them. This could be a window to shrink the Gun Free School Zones' onerous 1000-foot-from-the-school-whether-you-know-it's-there-or-not landmine.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I appaud the US Supreme Court for its reasoned interpretation that the 2nd Ammendment does NOT give but rather GUARANTEES the citizen the preexisting RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS....

I just have one wish...

The individual MUST have the RIGHT to carry the same types of weapons for OUR self defense that LAW ENFORCEMENT is allowed to carry for the defense of the individual officer and the public as a whole. NO MORE LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY type weapons.

And YES, this is my first post.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I appaud the US Supreme Court for its reasoned interpretation that the 2nd Ammendment does NOT give but rather GUARANTEES the citizen the preexisting RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS....

I just have one wish...

The individual MUST have the RIGHT to carry the same types of weapons for OUR self defense that LAW ENFORCEMENT is allowed to carry for the defense of the individual officer and the public as a whole. NO MORE LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY type weapons.

And YES, this is my first post.
Welcome Joe Sparky! hope to see you at a meet

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The decision is riddled full of the word HOME. They also said REASONABLE RESTRICTION.

There is a distinct possibility that the libs could use this to try and revoke/overturn current carry laws. We can possess/carry in the home but it doesn’t say anything about the right extending outside the home.

If I’m wrong, please correct me.