• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on a motorcycle

flight doc89

imported post

From what I've read so far, open carry is allowed here, but not 'inside a vehicle.' My primary form of transportation is my crotchrocket. Since I am still in plain view, and the pistol would still be in plain view, am I allowed to OC on my bike without a CCW?
I have seen other bikers OC, but I don't know if they were licensed or not.

I know that nothing here constitutes as legal advice or whatever, just asking opinions.

Thanks guys!

Matt C.
Tuscaloosa, AL

EDIT: considering that most of us drive everywhere, if we can't carry in a vehicle, what are you to do? Do you just have to unload the firearm, supposed to put it in a case or what? (im asking this part for any vehicle, not just bike)
EDIT2: maybe i should have posted this in the Alabama section? sorry I'm new here and I'm a noob.

HungSquirrel

imported post

Alabama police officers already look for any excuse they can to harass OCers. Don't go too far out of your way to give them another. In this case, it is my non-expert opinion that "on a motorcycle" qualifies as "in a vehicle", thus requiring a permit.

Slade

imported post

I'm permitted and my riding buddy and I OC all the time while riding. On at least 3 occasions State Troopers have taken notice but not stopped us. So far, so good.