• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC vs CC a Convert And Why

snake021

imported post

Alec411 wrote:
[align=left]...My of what I did was (and is) highly classed because at that time, congress had forbidden any American presense in those countries. On Clinton's last day in office he reviewed for re-classification, a number of issues. He declassified much of what came to be called oper. PHX. , however, since many of us who were involved in daily, covert, operations on behalf of our Intel folks (guess), were still alive. Rather than expose them or their families to retribution, he renewed the classification of the operations I was involved in. ...

[/align]

[align=left][/align]

BS_Flag.gif

Good job rain252.

rain252

imported post

Is it classified to read some data from your discharge DD214and list it here? No.

Is it classified to tell where that Target store is and the apporx date your "partner" was killed? No.

Is it classified to tell why a VETis apparently not going to the VA hosptital here in PHX when you are saying you can't get meds unless you don't eat? No.

Is it classified to give some verifiable details about your career as a Treasury Agent? No.

rain252

imported post

You know, I hate to be a hard-a$$, but sometimes, somebody just has to do it.

I hate a liar.

You're right, Snake, it's always convenient to use the "classified" blanket to avoid answering. Interesting that he doesn't want to address even the stuff that there would be no reason to avoid answering. The internet breeds a lot of internet commandos, but it also gives the tools to debunk them.

Alec, all you have to do is pony up proof of what you have claimed, and I'll eat my words and an apology will be coming your way. Oh that's right....."Nuff said." Nuff to have painted yourself into a corner.

protector84

imported post

I just called the CIA on this guy. Right now as we speak, silent black helicopters are descending over his bunker. Men in black are descending from the helicopters to go get him. They already have an interrogation room set up with no windows, a super bright light, and a metal tray with syringes to makehim talk. I'm just kidding of course.

rain252

imported post

Hahahahahahaha!

I don't think he has any risk of getting in trouble for claiming to have been a Fed agent. I think the impersonationof an LEOviolation happens if somebody claims or infers they are in some "official" capacity, like a guy playing cop with a phoney red light on his car. To be a poser on the internet just makes him a wannabe fool, I believe.

snake021

imported post

rain252 wrote:
... To be a poser on the internet just makes him a wannabe fool, I believe.

That would be true in Mr. Alec's case, if it wasn't for this:

"I have 3 hearts (there could be more, if reported) I was, for a while a POW"

`Stolen Valor Act

(b) False Claims About Receipt of Military Medals- Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

`(d) Other Medals- If a decoration or medal involved in an offense under subsection (a) or (b) is a Distinguished Service Cross awarded under Section 3742 of title 10, an Air Force Cross awarded under section 8742 of section 10, a Navy cross awarded under section 6242 of title 10, a silver star awarded under section 3746, 6244, or 8746 of title 10, or a Purple Heart awarded under section 1129 of title 10, or any replacement or duplicate medal as authorized by statute, in lieu of the punishment provided in that subsection, the offender shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.'.

rain252

imported post

Good find there, Snake. I was thinking more about the LEO angle, but that's interesting about "Stolen Valor."

Youknow, if a guy has 3 Purple Hearts, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to document it. I guess Alec could turn out to be all these things he has claimed. But if I were to make a wager...too much doesn/t add up here, and he apparently has no interest in providing any verification. And I mean, verifiable verification.

snake021

imported post

rain252 wrote:
Good find there, Snake. I was thinking more about the LEO angle, but that's interesting about "Stolen Valor."

Youknow, if a guy has 3 Purple Hearts, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to document it. I guess Alec could turn out to be all these things he has claimed. But if I were to make a wager...too much doesn/t add up here, and he apparently has no interest in providing any verification. And I mean, verifiable verification.

I just need a name.;)

Another interesting post, from the guy who has no money:

Halfway down the comments, you'll find member Alec411's post,

http://208.81.201.210/question/167142/?page=4#pollCommentsContainer

rain252

imported post

Yeah, that's very interesting......Dr. Alec the PhD in Finance was pontificating on the current market situation....his posts were made there 6 days ago:

" Answer: I have not lost any money in the market. I am a stock pro!" (this one was a "check the box" answer to a poll on that site, rather than a statement)

"Hard to lose when your PhD. is in Finance/Economics"

"THE BULL IS HERE" (thisis the only thing he hassaid there or here that I think is true......theBull IShere with Alec411, up to his eyeballs)

"SAFE....yes WORKING FOR YOU....no CD'S MAKE YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE MAKING MONEY!
HYPO: $5000 CD @ 4.07%
EVEN MUNI'S PAY HIGHER & SAFE"

Besides being a Marine sniper/tracker, Federal agent, recipient of 3 purple hearts, Hanoi POW (probably knew McCain personallythere), 2 bachelor degrees, a MBA, PhD, a stock pro, CPA, hasn't lost any money in the market, terminal patient, and has now declared the Bull market is back. All that from a poor guy who now eats once a day and hasn't bought a piece of clothing in 10 years.

I wonder where the "stock pro" gets the money to invest? I thought he was destitute???Oh, since he is destitute and has no money, of course he has not lost any money in the market.Now it makes sense. Can't losewhat youdon't have, right? Maybe he means he would be a stock pro IF he had any money. That's where all you people come in......you're supposed to feel sorry for him and give him your money and/or a gun to replace the Louisville Slugger.Or maybe hemeans in hisspare time he managesbillions on Wall Street.

I'm sure he will clear it all up shortly.

rain252

imported post

Yeah, please do explain it all for us, Dr. Alec. We, your fans, await your latest.

You're a.......super-hero!

You know, "Doc" Alec,if you claim to be this and that, andyou get a big woodybecause it makes you feel important,whatever.But in thefuture you might want to tone it down with the claims of having been awarded military decorations unless you really have them,since as Snake pointed out, if you don't have them, it's a violation of Federal law and an insult to the fighting men and women of this nation who got them the hard way, and if the right guy/gal (i.e. carrying a Fed. badge...you know, like the one you claim to have carried), decides to look into it, it won't be a difficult thing to get your real name. Is it worth apossible trip to ClubFed? You might want to limit your brags to things that DON'T VIOLATEFEDERAL LAW, numnut.

rain252

imported post

From J&G Sales forum (gun shop in Prescott AZ)
[url]http://www.jgsales.com/pollbooth.php/op/results/pollid/122?SID[/url]

Comment made by Alec411 on 2008-08-25 11:48:17
"as a former advisor to Presidents Ford & Reagan, I hate it when one's name is always mispelled!"

He even found time to advise Presidents! Must have been after that second, er, I mean, third tour in Viet Nam thatPres. Ford sent for him from the Marines. Then back to the WhiteHouse to advise Pres. Reagan while on special assignment from the Treasury Dept., no doubt to keep thePres. advised on clandestine, spec-op, classified, need-to-knowoperations. That's our man on the job!

He just can't resist, can he?

Alec, look up the short story....."The Secret Lifeof Walter Mitty." I think you'll like it.

By the way, does your psychiatrist know you'vequit taking your meds?Oh, that's right....food ormeds. Had to go for the food. I understand, man, we all gotta eat.

rain252

imported post

Here is a post of Alec's on Aug 31:

AN SINCERE THANK YOU TO SO MANY

To so many, many precious folks who came forward to assist another of their ilk, at a time when help was so desperately needed. I cannot possibly send everyone who sent me personal & public messages offering suggestions, and solutions regarding my health and the impact it had on my ability to protect my family. I won't rehash all of the details, but you may recall that after a lifetime of service, and now facing an end of life disease, I was in desperate need of a handgun.

So many came foreword with offers of help, that the corners of my eyes got a lil moist. Ultimately a Gun Dealer in Phx, not wanting to be identified, came forward with .357 Mag. "Gift". It was so incredible, he lost a family member in Nam thirty years ago, and he just wanted to quietly say thank you.

To him, to so many of you, I will be eternally grateful!

God Bless!

If that anonymous gun dealer that gave him a handgun reads this thread now, I wonder how he feels abouthis gift now.Probably.....ripped off.

Walther

imported post

I wonder how much hisinternet service costs, I would give up my internet service before I would food. :?I could also buy two NEW handguns for the price of this computer I am typing on:shock:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I ama 2 tour Vietnam vet. (Navy) The 2nd tour was in country... Mekong Delta (IV Corps) TF-116 (Riverine) at Binh Thuy,'bout 40 miles east of Cambodia. I'm familiar with Operation Phoenix and who did what in SOG/MACV. I've also encountered 'posers' of every stripe during and since. 'Sorry... but the B.S. flag went up the yardarm on this whole 'tale'.

rain252

imported post

Interesting to hear your feedback as a guy who lived the Viet Nam experience. Maybe Alec wants to compare detailed memorieswith you. Then again, maybe not.

On another note, since you mentioned 2 tours in Nam, with the second one in country, made me wonder if maybe you're really......John Kerry! Sorry, didn't mean to insult you with such a bad joke!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Oh Gawd NO! That creep was at An Toy... 'bout 30 miles SW of my pos. (Don't get me started on him...:cuss:)

Ist tour was a combat deployment aboard USS Bon Homme Richard... (aka The Durty Dick) CVA-31. (G-1 Div, Flight Deck Ordnance) The 2nd was with VAL-4 (Light Attack Squadron Four).'Only fixed wing Navy squadron in 'Nam. (Close Air Support) OV-10A 'Bronco's. SEAL 2 was 'cross the road (River side) on the Bassac along with RIV DIV 5, one of the Mobile Riverine units 'n some othersif I remember. They had all sorts of strange boats with many kill toys. HAL-3 (Seawolf) flyin' UH-1B/C's (armed) was next door. 11ACR's aviation element was down the road at Can Tho Army Airfield, 'n 121st Medivac had a unit there as well as 3rd Surg... a MASH type unit on the other side of the wire from NSAD Binh Thuy. We operated outt'a VNAF Binh Thuy down the road. The Army was always bummin' MG parts 'n anything else they could scrounge. I put together some tricked out M-60's for the SEAL's... 'n gave 'emsuch oddments as came my way that they could use now 'n then. They had Stoners 'n XM-16-1E'sbut the SAW hadn't been invented yet. My collateral duty (one of several) was squadron armorer. One guy... an RM1 from up-river used to show up 'bout once every two months or so with his own private 'Army' of Nung Chinese and Meo's armed with everything you ever dreamed of owning. He was out there doin' the'Lord Jim' thing. They called him Di-wi... even tho he was enlisted. He'd come down for ammo 'n 'stuff' to be delivered (VERTREP). 'Had dinner with him a few times at Olga's in Binh Xe Moi... withhis "army" in position around the perimeter. Never did know exactly what they were doin'... but he was an 'Operator'. I reckon he was SOG... but nobody wore 'patches' or even rank insignia. I know he wasn't a Liberal... LOL! I hope he and his people survived. Xin Loi!

I could pose a few questions to 'posers' (and have) that ain't in the 'books or movies'... or can't be 'Googled'. Like... what was an RPG called in 'Nam? What'd Chinese mfg small arms ammo come in? How was it packaged? What color was the sealer between the round and the ctg. What color was their tracer? What was one of the most common reasons for jams by NVA/VC using 7.62x39mm? What was the origin of the OD head bandanna?

Walther

imported post

Sonora, THANK YOU for your service and also WELCOME HOME. A Nam vet would understand that. Thanks to you and the others, not to mention Nixon, when I went in they were done in Nam and just pulling out the rest of the gear, only thing left was gear and POW's:cry:, so I went to Europe.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

No problem... It's whatI do... or did do anyway. Put 20 yrs 2 mos'n 18 daysdoin' that... 'n another 11 years as a civilian doin' related stuff. I got to handle some nice toys... 'shoot 'em too!:)

The posers ALWAYS get stuck on 'minutia' questions... little things they ought'a know automatically... but don't. 'Most all of 'em do the 'Secret Sam' routine... or claim to be SEAL's... Force Recon, Rangers, Special Forces 'n such. Nobody was just a 'grunt'. Sad commentary really. Pathetic might be a better term.