Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry in Flint?

Post imported post

Has anyone on here open carried in Flint? I'm tempted to, and I'm wondering what the reaction was.

Post imported post

bigbad45 wrote:
    Has anyone on here open carried in Flint? I'm tempted to, and I'm wondering what the reaction was.
    Yep-- East side mostly, but I've been OCing everywherein Flint for over 3yrs. NEVER, been challenged.

Post imported post

As soon as I get a decent OWB holster, I'lkl have to give it a try.

Post imported post

bigbad45 wrote:
    Depending on what you carry, try...

http://www.blackhawk.com/

or

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php

Post imported post

How about Mt. Morris and Genesee townships? I would love to OC when I am collecting rents.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    How about Mt. Morris and Genesee townships? I would love to OC when I am collecting rents.
    You own the property you lease/rent, OC at will momz. :celebrate

IANAL, but I think any of your tenants can/may choose to not allow you to enter their dwelling while your're packing.

Post imported post

COOL! Have you had any problems with the cops in that area? The last time I had them out for a renter problem, I let them know that I had a CCW when I called 911 and they were very clear that I was not to have the gun on me or they were not coming.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    COOL! Have you had any problems with the cops in that area? The last time I had them out for a renter problem, I let them know that I had a CCW when I called 911 and they were very clear that I was not to have the gun on me or they were not coming.
    The only events we had near Mt Morris & Genesee Twp are the ones;

1) Flint McDonald's on Miller Road near Ballanger Hwy. And,

2) The Burton picnic

See threads & pics on both events.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:

Us low-life/Gun Nutz/With no training/Civilians, can be pretty dangerous.

Post imported post

Yea - I am a LOT more dangerous than the idiots that were drunk having a "mosh party" in my apartment . . . . :P

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    Yea - I am a LOT more dangerous than the idiots that were drunk having a "mosh party" in my apartment . . . . :P
    Head-Bangers eh??? Your're lucky to still have walls standing.

Back on topic; Don't hesitate to OC on property you own. IMO, many here at OCDO may have started out that way...you know, baby steps.

Post imported post

theboyzmom wrote:
    May have been just cause for a complaint, refusal of a 911 response? Also, I see you live in New Lothrop area, I'm jealous, used to live there myself. Good people. I've OC'd in Confers IGA, and even talked to Russ, the OWNER. He said he has no problem with it as long as I behave. Now this is the kind of people I mean--- Russ was shot during a hold up of his store a few years back and he STILL supports gun ownership / carry. :celebrateSo if you like, go for it and no matter what does or DOESN'T happen, it will be a learning experience for you.

Post imported post

I grew up on the Eastside and with my looks they would probably just think I was a Cop. I am new to all this, heard aboutit from a young guy today. I had no idea there was a right to OC in Michigan,figured it was only in the South and out West. Love the news, oh and the SHOW caught the Corunna Stone Cops on YOUTUBE. Outstanding, talk about egg on your face. I wouldn't be surprised if the ol' Chief lobbied for an anti OC Law. Keep up the good work.

Post imported post

Devil Dog: Welcome to OCDO. Yes, I did enjoy my encounter with the Corunna chief. I have had no further negative contact in that area. Nor have we had any problems at any of our outings.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    bigbad45 wrote:

or

Springfield XD45 tactical.

Post imported post

bigbad45 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    bigbad45 wrote:

or

Springfield XD45 tactical.
    Forget about Blackhawk, they do not make a holster for the Tactical. Actually, the holster for the Service model works but the muzzle protrudes past the holster about 3/4". Blade-tech makes them for your XD.

Post imported post

Yeah, I thought it was interesting to say the least. I swear to GOD I feel like were gonna be like Australia or the UK and we'll be under Martial Law withno right's at all.

Post imported post

i been carrying in flint for a few weeks..wll since i found this lot of great people here.

i'm on the south end near the border of burton and flint (fenton,atherton road area) no problems as of yet and i figured there would be seeing how i am young and still dress in my "cool and hip" clothes.

had a cop drive by me just the other night slowed down, looked at me for a secthen took off. i'm sure it helped that i had my wife and 2 kids with me.

as for the general public i have yet to even get a funny look had one guy ask what i had and that was it.

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    i been carrying in flint for a few weeks..wll since i found this lot of great people here.

i'm on the south end near the border of burton and flint (fenton,atherton road area) no problems as of yet and i figured there would be seeing how i am young and still dress in my "cool and hip" clothes.

had a cop drive by me just the other night slowed down, looked at me for a secthen took off. i'm sure it helped that i had my wife and 2 kids with me.

as for the general public i have yet to even get a funny look had one guy ask what i had and that was it.
    About 1 mile north of me.

Welcome to OCDO

Activist Member

Post imported post

I OCed in Meijer at Hill Rd and US23 last night about 11:30PM. Not many people there and I don't think anyone noticed my sidearm except possibly one person in a handicap stroller. Spent probably half an hour there getting groceries.

Post imported post

Graydon wrote:
    I OCed in Meijer at Hill Rd and US23 last night about 11:30PM. Not many people there and I don't think anyone noticed my sidearm except possibly one person in a handicap stroller. Spent probably half an hour there getting groceries.

Congrats!!! Even CC'ing in there (U.S. 23 & Hill) I always get the :what:look. The greeters, LOL, won't even look at me during their mandatory'Hello', so OC'ing seemedit might be a bit risky for me.

Post imported post

your close to me too saginaw and bristol i had a burton cop follow me my wife and dog last night for 2 blocks I was o.cing>I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!:what:

Post imported post

I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!

BS --- He just wanted to make sure you were off the street before the end of his shift.

Activist Member

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Congrats!!! Even CC'ing in there (U.S. 23 & Hill) I always get the :what:look. The greeters, LOL, won't even look at me during their mandatory'Hello', so OC'ing seemedit might be a bit risky for me.
    If you're CCing, how do they even know you're carrying anything?

I've CCed in Meijer ever since the first day I got my CPL, about three times a week. I don't think anyone has ever noticed.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    your close to me too saginaw and bristol i had a burton cop follow me my wife and dog last night for 2 blocks I was o.cing>I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!:what:
    Can you take timeoutfor the Grand Rapids picnic on the 12th? The only bad thing about it is that it will be an all day event for us folks here on the east side of the state. I figured it would take about 3 hours to get there, of course maintaining the speed limits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast