• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Flint?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Graydon wrote:
I OCed in Meijer at Hill Rd and US23 last night about 11:30PM. Not many people there and I don't think anyone noticed my sidearm except possibly one person in a handicap stroller. Spent probably half an hour there getting groceries.
Congrats!!! Even CC'ing in there (U.S. 23 & Hill) I always get the :what:look. The greeters, LOL, won't even look at me during their mandatory'Hello', so OC'ing seemedit might be a bit risky for me.

ruger45

imported post

your close to me too saginaw and bristol i had a burton cop follow me my wife and dog last night for 2 blocks I was o.cing>I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!:what:

WARCHILD

imported post

I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!

BS --- He just wanted to make sure you were off the street before the end of his shift. :cuss:

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Congrats!!! Even CC'ing in there (U.S. 23 & Hill) I always get the :what:look. The greeters, LOL, won't even look at me during their mandatory'Hello', so OC'ing seemedit might be a bit risky for me.

If you're CCing, how do they even know you're carrying anything?

I've CCed in Meijer ever since the first day I got my CPL, about three times a week. I don't think anyone has ever noticed.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
your close to me too saginaw and bristol i had a burton cop follow me my wife and dog last night for 2 blocks I was o.cing>I told my wife he just wants to make sure we get home safe thats all!!!:what:
Can you take timeoutfor the Grand Rapids picnic on the 12th? The only bad thing about it is that it will be an all day event for us folks here on the east side of the state. I figured it would take about 3 hours to get there, of course maintaining the speed limits. :uhoh:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Graydon wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

If you're CCing, how do they even know you're carrying anything?

I've CCed in Meijer ever since the first day I got my CPL, about three times a week. I don't think anyone has ever noticed.

No, that's not what I meant, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's my stature andthe lack of distinguishing characteristics for being a stand in for Fabio. :)

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
No, that's not what I meant, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's my stature andthe lack of distinguishing characteristics for being a stand in for Fabio. :)

I see! :) In my case, they probably don't notice me because I usually have four boys who come into the store like a quartet of Tasmanian devils!