• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumb question about purchasing a pistol

bmanblues

imported post

I have a friend of mine who has a Glock 19 he wants to sell me. I have a CPL, how do I go about purchasing this gun. Do I need to take it to some FFL to tranfer it? DO I need to get a permit even though I don't need one to buy one from the store?

Thanks

BMB

SpringerXDacp

imported post

bmanblues wrote:
I have a friend of mine who has a Glock 19 he wants to sell me. I have a CPL, how do I go about purchasing this gun. Do I need to take it to some FFL to tranfer it? DO I need to get a permit even though I don't need one to buy one from the store?

Thanks

BMB

Though not required, I have read posts on other gun boards where the seller chose to let the FFL take care of the paper work...of course for a price.

It's really not a bad idea for those selling to somenone they are not familar with. The FFL can do the bacground check which would set your mind at ease. I know in your case it's a friend.

Other than that,use dougwg's link.

ghostrider

imported post

The RI-60 form is mainly for FFL's and not a requirement for CPL holders. However, it is a good idea for the seller to have some sort of record of who he/she sold it to, and the RI-60 id a good way to do that.