• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy

trailblazer2003

imported post

Hey everyone, new guy here, though I have been lurking since last year when I found out about open carry. The family and I just got done with a 2 year road trip around te US, and decided to stay permanently in WI for awhile. I am not a gun owner, yet , but deeply support the 2A, and the RKBA. I look forward to helping do what I can to furthur our rights along.

Happy carrying to all!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
Hey everyone, new guy here, though I have been lurking since last year when I found out about open carry. The family and I just got done with a 2 year road trip around te US, and decided to stay permanently in WI for awhile. I am not a gun owner, yet , but deeply support the 2A, and the RKBA. I look forward to helping do what I can to furthur our rights along.

Happy carrying to all!
Welcome aboard trailblazer! Great site with TONS of info and great people. Enjoy your stay here!

trailblazer2003

imported post

BobCav wrote:
trailblazer2003 wrote:

Happy carrying to all!
Welcome aboard trailblazer! Great site with TONS of info and great people. Enjoy your stay here!
I have enjoying the site for sometime, and it has helped dispel many lies that I have been taught throughout life. I came across the site on another forum, and was amazed that open carry existed and was legal. I'm from upstate NY origionally, so that explains my lack of knowledge. I have been reading, and lurking through several states now, just never signed up as we didn't have permanent housing. Once we fianlly picked WI, and the Heller case was decided, I figured it was a good time to finally embrace my rights as a citizen.

JRMD

imported post

Hey guys; another newbee here. WI native, 29 yo with a ridiculous amount of education under my belt (probably too much). I was joking around with my roommate the other day about how WI just isn't going to be able to get concealed carry legislation passed anytime in the near future because of the politicians that are currently in office here.

I've been aware of open carry rights for a long time, but I didn't actually know that the movement was popular and is really gaining steam in some areas, apparently even here in WI. I was joking about the fact that you'd probably get tossed in jail with a disorderly conduct charge for open carry in the Milwaukee area, even though it's technically legal to openly carry, and that the ACLU probably wouldn't be running to your defense! I happened to stumble on a video of a NH group on YouTube today, and from there saw some other open carry vids, and from there I wound up here on this site!

This is awesome! I expected to see about 0 members and posts on the WI group heading, but there are actually other people here (and recent posts!!!)! Excellent!

I've been mulling the purchase of a firearm for quite some time. This will probably tip the scales in favor of picking one up. I frequent the firing range with borrowed or rented handguns quite often for recreation. I've also been a member of the NRA for several years because I strongly support the right of a person to keep and bear arms, and I've always felt that the handgun bans in DC, Chicago, and San Fran are unconstitutional and completely ridiculous.

Anyways, cheers! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute positively to the forum! Maybe we could put up a "new member introduction" sticky to the WI forum.