• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry

Do you feel OC is a better defense option than concealed carry?

• Should we allow only concealed carry?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should we allow only Open Carry?

• Should it be the choice of the gun owner?

• Total voters

gamestalker

imported post

I have my issues with concealed carrying. I'm not against it, in that its ones own choice to do so. But other than times when its appropieate, determined by the time and place, it isn't a preemptive, orpreventivemeasure to stopa perpetrator from choosing you as their next victim. In fact, I think that concealed carry puts an individual in a position to most likely have to, at the very least, draw their weapon, and more likely have to use it. Additionally concealed carry could create a case of us losing control of the situation, or losing our weapon in a strugglewhile trying to acess it.I'm not saying we should carry just for the sake of carrying, but I think if OC were more often than not the case, we would be less likely to have to use our weapon as well.I also want to be clear in the fact that if you carry you must be prepared to use it if the circumstance gets to that point, concealed or OC. I thinkthe perpetrators would have a choice more likely presented to them too, prior to us making the choice to use, or not use our weapon of defense if OC is utilized. As I've stated before, I've almost never had to draw my weapon, because it being visable is a deterent in its self! If I carried concealed I would have had to at least draw that weapon in nealy every circumstance I've encountered, and probably had to use it as well in some.Its rather strange that OC is not legal in so many states. You would think that concealed would bea greater concern?

Thanks for the time to vent,

gamestalker

curtm1911

imported post

Interesting post. Some good points to ponder. Two words to REMEMBER: Situational Awareness. I live in Condition Yellow. Alert and Aware. Look around youAlways. Be Aware of your surroundings. Always thinking. I have my CWP. I have the option of OC or CC. I feel that gives me the upper hand. As I stated, I live in Condition Yellow. Open carry should be the norm, but it is not.Scares the hell out of the sheep. Too Bad for them, but that is how it is. Sometimes I OC, sometimes I CC, again, being a permitee, I have the option. Also, the permit does come with some perks in Az. You can carry in City Parks. I like that one in particular. Options are available to you that OC only folks don't have. The choice is up to each of us. In a perfect world, we would all have Vermont or Alaska type carry, the world ain't perfect though. So, we all do what we feel comfortable with. I like the options and perks, I DO NOT likeasking permission to do so. Bottom line: Be Safe, Be Sane, and KNOW that you have accepted responsibility for YOUR life and actions. That is all, carry on..............

Dahwg

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
Interesting post. Some good points to ponder. Two words to REMEMBER: Situational Awareness. I live in Condition Yellow. Alert and Aware. Look around youAlways. Be Aware of your surroundings. Always thinking. I have my CWP. I have the option of OC or CC. I feel that gives me the upper hand. As I stated, I live in Condition Yellow. Open carry should be the norm, but it is not.Scares the hell out of the sheep. Too Bad for them, but that is how it is. Sometimes I OC, sometimes I CC, again, being a permitee, I have the option. Also, the permit does come with some perks in Az. You can carry in City Parks. I like that one in particular. Options are available to you that OC only folks don't have. The choice is up to each of us. In a perfect world, we would all have Vermont or Alaska type carry, the world ain't perfect though. So, we all do what we feel comfortable with. I like the options and perks, I DO NOT likeasking permission to do so. Bottom line: Be Safe, Be Sane, and KNOW that you have accepted responsibility for YOUR life and actions. That is all, carry on..............

Couldn't have said it better myself. The perk I really like is being exempt from the NICS check- I always used to get "Delay" and that sucks when you want your new gun NOW. Now I don't have to sweat it. But yeah I still OC most of the time but like you said, I have options.

gamestalker

imported post

That is so true. Having that permit gives you the option is circumstances that would other wise restrict our carrying. But you are so right as well, about carrying in general. It is a great responsibility and requires us to think before we fire. It is still a right and rights can be taken from us if we aren't responsible enough to have them!Well said and intelligent too my friend!

gamestalker

Alec411

imported post

[align=left]I don't know what idiot thought that the "poll" at the top of this thread was a good idea! Man think b/4 you speak! There are many among the anti's who would love to see a split in the pro gun world over something as stupid as CC versus OC. Using words like "we should only allow"! We are (I think) gun enthusiasts. The discussion of OV/CC is merely about A MODE OF CARRY! It sure as hell isn't about "someone" only "allowing one or the other. [/align]

[align=left]We have people insulting each other over "which method is best"! THERE IS NO ONE BEST! It is, at the very most, situational, and a matter of personal choice. AMEN![/align]

[align=left]The thought of a pro 2nd Amend. group causing a split sickens me. ANYONE believing in their heart that a mode of carry is the ONLY ACCEPTABLE mode of carry, reflects (among a few) an immaturity that bothers me. When you carry with you the means to end someone's life - you better be a whole lot more responsible and mature, than to let yourself get caught up in a "child's game"! "MINE IS BETTER THAN YOURS, YEA BUT MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD![/align]

[align=left]Now, play nice or give me all the guns![/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]SOME OF US HAVE FOUGHT A LIFETIME TO SECURE THE CARRY RIGHTS WE HAVE. HAVE WE "ARRIVED YET?" No and we never will if we give the impression of being a non-cohesive group.[/align]

tarzan1888

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
Interesting post. Some good points to ponder. Two words to REMEMBER: Situational Awareness. I live in Condition Yellow. Alert and Aware. Look around youAlways. Be Aware of your surroundings. Always thinking......

You are exactly right. I have heard some of the same comments that the OP made about CC, made about OC, and I said much the same in response to those comments as you said in response to these comments about CC.

We must always be vigilent....no matter how we carry. :uhoh:

Tarzan

Alec411

imported post

CURT: YOU KNOW ME, BORN IN CODE YELLOW, AND BEEN TO RED FAR TOO MANY TIMES!

STAY SAFE

gamestalker

imported post

I was under the impression this was a discusion forum? Apparently not the case. Is it an important part of your existence to insult others so as to make yourself feel superior? What a wonderful manner in which to attract new members to a site that could other wise be very useful to our purpose. Keep up the distracting work so you can drive away other members or potential members! Ignorance is the primary reason why firearms are being put on the chopping block, so please feeel free to help display as much as you can. How did you put that? Think before you write, or something like that! I should have run a poll about your ignorance, but I'm a little more in touch with my character than that.

gamestalker

Alec411

imported post

gamestalker: I found your lil attempt to 'hurt my feelings', by questioning my intellegence. My intellegence as measured by the University of Mich. & Harvard, resulted in my being awarded a BS/BA, MBA, P.h.D.

Now as it may relate to firearms; I spent 30+ years as a Special Agent for the nations largest L.E. and Intel agency, having retired at GS-1811/14

I don't expect you to understand it, but you certainly can't match it.

Further if you can forsee anything positive coming from name calling, OC versus CC; CC versus OC; then all that can be garnered from your drivel is that you lack the ability to either reason well, or grasp logic!

You just keep plugging, if nothing else it is mildly entertaining.

gamestalker

imported post

Who ever referred to me as "an idiot". I was going some place with that poll, but the purpose was lost by the insulting nature of that post referring to me as "an idiot". With that said I appologize for my post and hope we can continue to utilize this web site in a more appropiate fashion, as it is intended. I favor all manner of carry and each has its place by choice at the very least. I've been carrying OC for over 20 years and have the same responsibilities as anyone carrying CC. In the FBI web site they referred to violent crime being drasticlly reduced by OC in those states allowing it.

gamestalker

Alec411

imported post

GAMESTALKER:

I also apologize for my recent reply on the topic of intelligence, unfortunately I vented in a most inappropriate way! Sincerely sorry.

Please accept my apology!

alec