• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wanted to say "Hey"

AmPitbullTerrier

imported post

And to share a quick story. I just went to the Westmoreland county Sheriffs office today to get my photo ID LTCF. While I was waiting the lady answered the phone and it was someone asking about obtaining a OC license... Well the lady told them she was pretty sure they only issued a LTCF. After a few min on the phone with the person she finally hung up. Bt then a gentelman was standing behind me in line. When she was done I simply stated that in Pa (except under certain circumstances) you do not need a license to OC. She and the man behind me started laughing and she said I'd like to see what would happen tosomeone carring a weapon out in the open. She had no idea what she was talking about and she works in the firearms section of the sheriffs dept :banghead:.... I thought you have to be kidding. I just told her you may want to look up some firearms laws took my LTCF and left.

BTW, just found this forum...... It's AWESOME :celebrate

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Welcome :celebrate

Sounds like the lady may benefit from a "Pa Gun Rights" flyer.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3424.html

(Don't download the "attachment" to thepost, but rather follow the link (paopencarry.org) as that is a more updated version

The Sheriff's dept may benefit from one as well, along with a PD training memo that can be downloaded here:
http://paopencarry.org/downloads.html

tdyoung58

imported post

Hi and welcome, Seemsto be a trend in PA that the 'keepers' don't know their own rules . . .

I guess it's because there's no taxation involved

Thundar

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Yet another sign that the open carry movement is picking up. People calling to ask for open carry licenses! :D

Not entirely accurate, but the inquiry is a step in the right direction.
I carry my open carry license all the time. When asked I take out my pocket edition of the US Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, hand it over and tell them go to tab 2 (tabbed to 2A).