• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Petition to Restore Open Carry Rights - bill still alive in 2010

russcook

imported post

The Home Page has links to the petitions for SC, FL, and TX. Can we get a link

to the Oklahoma petition as well?

Ship

imported post

What's the next step?

Proud new member and I think with the recent news stories about firearms, this is a great time to push this effort. How can I help?

russcook

imported post

I have contacted some of the gun dealers, including Bass Pro, and asked them to review the petition and inform their customers. I have a message in to the Oklahoma Chapter of Gun Owners of America. I'm open to suggestions on how to leverage our efforts. This will take the efforts of many to get the word out. Thousands of signatures will be necessary on the petition in order to get the attention of local politicians. All they care about are the numbers. Tell everyone you know to visit this web site. Ask them to tell everyone THEY know. We need a snowball effect.

russcook

imported post

Mike, I looked at the opencarry.org home page this morning, and noticed that

under Hot Topics there is no longer a link to the Oklahoma petition for open carry.

I refer people to the opencarry.org home page, and tell them to follow the link to

the petition. They won't know how to find the petition without the link. Can this

be restored?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

russcook wrote:
Mike, I looked at the opencarry.org home page this morning, and noticed that

under Hot Topics there is no longer a link to the Oklahoma petition for open carry.

I refer people to the opencarry.org home page, and tell them to follow the link to

the petition. They won't know how to find the petition without the link. Can this

be restored?
Yes - once John fixes the box

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Please tell John to get with it-The Texas Petition is just ashard to find as well! We will need a lot of signatures-Gov. Perry (supposedly) made a statement that "VERY LITTLE WILL CHANGE"but can't find any print as to the statement. 19,000 or so is good but many more is needed.

I was born in OKLAHOMA, and definitely want to see the "OPENCARRY" there. It will definitely help. I've lived and worked in Okmulgee County, Creek County, Osage and Cherokee County-they definitely need it!

russcook

imported post

Well, it's 'mostly' fixed. Where the link used to take the visitor directly to the petition, it now takes the visitor to a forum. They have to find the link in the first post, then click that link to actually get to the petition. It's a more circuitous route than it originally was. It would be better if the link from the home page took the visitor directly to the petition.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

russcook wrote:
Well, it's 'mostly' fixed. Where the link used to take the visitor directly to the petition, it now takes the visitor to a forum. They have to find the link in the first post, then click that link to actually get to the petition. It's a more circuitous route than it originally was. It would be better if the link from the home page took the visitor directly to the petition.
it opens directly to the top post which is the petition link.

russcook

imported post

Mike wrote:
russcook wrote:
it opens directly to the top post which is the petition link.
Agreed. It's usable as is, it's just different from how it originally was. No problems.

Jared

imported post

Phonetic Diabetic wrote:
I live in Texas, but signed the OK petition as well. Hopefully you Okies do the same for us.:cool:

That's a BAD idea. I wouldn't do that.

Legislatures do not care what out of staters think.

By doing that your discrediting the effort. If enough out of staters sign, then all the media has to do is say most of the signatures came from out of staters, probably from Virginia and Arizona and most people will believe it.

Again, if you want to kill the movement, then go ahead and sign out of state petitions.

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Wonder if I'll need to get as "PASSPORT" next time I go to OKLAHOMA to see my FAMILY or when I finally cross the RED RIVER to retire there? OH by the way I am also a NATIVE AMERICAN, LIFE MEMBER of theAQHA,APHA and the Jockeys CLUB both OKLAHOMA and TEXAS, NRA, Retired Military, Former Law Enforcement Officer from Oklahoma, and I was born there.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Well, almost to 1,000 - once that happens, folks in OK need to push some more - don''t you have some state wide gun gropups who can blast their lists?