• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spare Ammo

Orygunner

imported post

No restrictions other than your physical carrying capacity and common sense.

Legally, I have never seen any State laws, and they are preemptive regarding guns & ammunition.

I wonder if running around with bandoliers and pockets bulging full of loaded magazines would attract any extra unwanted attention?;) If a person was non-threatening, and within the letter of the law, what could legally be done to you?

...Orygunner...

Cremator75

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
No restrictions other than your physical carrying capacity and common sense.

Legally, I have never seen any State laws, and they are preemptive regarding guns & ammunition.

I wonder if running around with bandoliers and pockets bulging full of loaded magazines would attract any extra unwanted attention?;) If a person was non-threatening, and within the letter of the law, what could legally be done to you?

...Orygunner...

I see what your saying, but I was just refering to 1 or 2 spare mags as opposed to an ammo can. ;)

DenWin

imported post

When I carry I have 3 mags of Hydra-Shok, 1 in the weapon and 2 back up. I always figure it is best to look at how much ammo your local law enforcement carries just in case you do have to go to court for a legal shooting. That way, when you are asked why you had 3 mags on you, you can say you were following the best role model in the city, the police ;)

Den