• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll - OCDO's Mike Stollenwerk on Miami's WIOD 610 Radio at 7:20 AM on Fri 27 June

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: PODCAST available now at http://www.wiod.com/cc-common/podcast.html- pass it on to your friends in Florida

--

Poll: http://www.wiod.com/pages/SFFN.html

Listen live here live: http://www.newsradio610.com/main.html

--

SNIP

Today's Interviews:

Fox News Radio's Mike Majchrowitz about Congress debating energy, our future, offshore drilling andsoaring prices.

Mike Stollenwerk, the co-founder of OpenCarry.org, about the Supreme Court decision in favor of American's right to own guns and an effort underway in Florida to allow you to openly carry a gun on your waist.

--

What do you Floridians want me to emphasize - my understanding is that you lost oepn carry back in 1986 time frame in exchange for shall issue concealed carry, right?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

They said on the air they will have an online poll today - i don't see it yet.

Also - they said they will post a podcast - if anyone sees it, let's get it posted here, thanks.

cvickers

imported post

I don't like the way the poll was worded. It seems like the host thinks we would be returning to the 'wild west days'.

However, I compared some 'modern' cities to the 'old west towns' and maybe we should return to the 'wild west days'. We just might be safer.

2006 Crimes per 100,000MurderForcable RapeRobberies

New York, NY 7.3 13.12 287.9
Laramie, WY 7.6 3.8 3.8

Chicago, IL 16.4Not Avail.555.1
Dodge City, KS 3.8 87.49 87.5

Miami, FL 19.6 25.7 537.2
Salt Lake City, UT 4.4 51.66 275.7

http://www.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm 06/27/2008/ 0820 est:celebrate

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Current Poll, as of 9:55EDT...

[align=left]Absolutely! Lets go back to the Wild, Wild West.
56.67 %

No. Our current gun law is perfect.
30.00 %

No. I think we should have stricter gun laws.
13.33 % [/align]

echo6tango

imported post

Poll results as of 06-28 @ 10:30 AM:

Absolutely! Lets go back to the Wild, Wild West.
70.73 %

26.02 %

3.25 %

The results of this poll seem like the average for polls across the web in the past few days. Somewhere around 3/4 of folks responding favoring gun rights, favoring the decision of SCOTUS, etc. Yet when you hear some of the reporting of local and national news outlets, they seem to convey that a lotof folks have different ideas. Guess they gotta put the spin on things to make for a 'better' story...

On a side note, the 'video of the day' on the same page as the above poll...Cows With Guns?

Aegis

imported post

Absolutely! Lets go back to the Wild, Wild West.

phpPollBar.gif

71.85 %

phpPollBar.gif

25.19 %

phpPollBar.gif

2.96 %

DocNTexas

imported post

I say it is fairly clear by the way the poll is worded (Absolutely - Lets go back to the wild wild west!) that Dave and this station are against the idea. But it appears that it did not sway the voters much. Great job on the interview Mike!

Doc