Thread: Forum Software

Post imported post

Is there any chance that we could get new forum software? I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but WowBB sort of stinks and shoots out random SQL errors.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Only sticks that donate cash to maintaining the forum get to ask that question. If they donated, it don't matter whether they're muddy sticks orclean sticks.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

hmmm, I have been a member since day one and rarely have any issues.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

No SQL error issues here...at least that I remember.

Banned

Post imported post

simple machines forum software is very cheap (free) and works very well

Post imported post

I can only remember two times that there were SQL errors in the past year or so that I've been a member. The first time lasted a few days and, while inconvenient, was managable. The second time lasted a few hours.

Regardless, I appreciate the simplicity of the software. Such as, I like not having to scroll though a 1200-pixel-long sig line. And I don't have to worry about being "popular" and boosting my "rep points" or other rating. The search function leaves something to be desired, but no one ever uses it anyway.

Post imported post

I don't like a lot of things about the forum software as a user, but given some code alterations that Mike and John were able to obtain rather quickly, it may have administrative flexibility that makes up for user issues. The search feature sucks and threads prior to the two SQL crashes mostly cannot be found, but c'est la vie.

I just appreciate that Mike, John and the members have built such a great forum to be a part of, sniggling issues with the forum software not withstanding.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."