• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum Software

mjf

imported post

Is there any chance that we could get new forum software? I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but WowBB sort of stinks and shoots out random SQL errors.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Only sticks that donate cash to maintaining the forum get to ask that question. If they donated, it don't matter whether they're muddy sticks orclean sticks. :)

imperialism2024

imported post

I can only remember two times that there were SQL errors in the past year or so that I've been a member. The first time lasted a few days and, while inconvenient, was managable. The second time lasted a few hours.

Regardless, I appreciate the simplicity of the software. Such as, I like not having to scroll though a 1200-pixel-long sig line. And I don't have to worry about being "popular" and boosting my "rep points" or other rating. The search function leaves something to be desired, but no one ever uses it anyway.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't like a lot of things about the forum software as a user, but given some code alterations that Mike and John were able to obtain rather quickly, it may have administrative flexibility that makes up for user issues. The search feature sucks and threads prior to the two SQL crashes mostly cannot be found, but c'est la vie.

I just appreciate that Mike, John and the members have built such a great forum to be a part of, sniggling issues with the forum software not withstanding.