• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A new guy and a Canadian too :)

#nine

imported post

Hi All,

I just wanna say HI and introduce myself .. to some degree :)

I'm a Canadian living just a few milesnorth ofWA border who got licensed and purchased a few firearms a few months back and may have a question or two to my American friends. I came across this site incidentally and was browsing for a couple of week but decided to join.

Also, speaking of questions, I'd like to ask a couple right off the bat.

1) Would anyone recommend me an instructor in WA where I can take Utah CCW class? And..

2) Would it be legal fora Canadian to OC without CCW lic but only having ATF6 form that allowes me to bring some of my guns over for practice and competitions?

Once again, HI and thank you in advance for the upcoming answers :)

thx997303

imported post

I unfortunately do not have the answers to your questions, but

WELCOME TO OCDO!

Hope you can OC, that would suck if you couldn't.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I also do not have the answers, but I recall that someone here was knowledgable about the matter in another thread. I'm sure someone will chime in with the info within the next few days. In the meantime, welcome to OCOD!

compmanio365

imported post

Oh great! Now we got Canucks coming on the board! :lol::lol::lol:

Good to see our movement is reaching across borders to our neighbors to the north. I used to live in Blaine and go up into Canada quite often.......was a better idea when the dollar was worth something.....:?

#nine

imported post

Small world, I live in White Rock, 4mi from the border :) And drive across to get gas for the last few months as gas here is ~$5.50/gal right now.

We need your support as much as you need ours since only if united we have much better chance.

And thank you for welcoming me aboard :)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

IIRC an alien cannot carry in WA (or have a gun) without an Alien Firearms License. However I understand those have not been issued in years due to deliberate loss of funding. Talk with the State Patrol or a WA sherrif's office about a license, see what they say.

#nine

imported post

Ok, thank you for the reply.

This is what I found:

We are unable to issue alien firearms licenses at this time. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has told law enforcement agencies it is against federal law to use federal databases for background checks if the law enforcement agencies share the results with a non-criminal justice agency such as the Department of Licensing. This means law enforcement agencies cannot perform the background checks required by state law for issuing an alien firearms license. Without these background checks, we cannot complete the application process or issue alien firearms licenses.

Also, I understand a Canadian with ATF6 Form and CCW license from say Utah can CC in WA but OC is a different story...

I'll have to keep on digging :lol: