• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Miami WOID Radio news PODCAST on the push for open carry in Florida

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Podcast from this morning's interview done by Radio News WIOD'sDave LaMont:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MIAMI-FL/WIOD-AM/6_27%20MIKE%20STOLLENWERK_1.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MIAMI-FL&NG_FORMAT=newstalk&SITE_ID=1175&STATION_ID=WIOD-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Lori_Shepard&PCAST_CAT=News&PCAST_TITLE=South_Florida's_First_News_

http://www.wiod.com/cc-common/podcast.html

---
http://www.wiod.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122821&article=3887118

LINKS: Effort Underway in Florida To Allow Gun Owners to Pack Heat in Public

This comes just a day after the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down the handgun ban in D.C.
Friday, June 27, 2008

A day after the U.S. Supreme Court shoots down the handgun ban in D.C., a move is on here in Florida to allow residents to bear and wear their arms.

The support for allowing resident to pack heat in public comes from Mike Stollenwerk of OpenCarry.org.

He tells Dave LaMont on WIOD he sees no reason why you shouldn't be able to sit in Starbucks with your semi-automatic.

He says most states allow open carry.

Florida did until 1987.

Critics are concerned about a rise in violence, but Stollenwerk says he believes most criminals use concealed weapons anyway.

Click here to sign the petition.

Bob Reed

imported post

Hello Mike & Thanks a Million for all your hard Pro-2nd & OC work.

I'm pushing for Open Carry in Florida as well, andI'll continue my relentless efforts untill our mission is completed!

Dr.Coy

imported post

Awesome! This would be so much help if this works out. I do not feel it is fair nor right, that as a legal law-abiding citizen, I should have to put so much effort into concealing something I am given the right to have and tobear by the consitution.

Open Carrying is a right, just like driving a car with a valid license- it is my right as a citizen of this country. Comparing a driver's license to a right to carry openly, there are rules and boundaries with both, but it is a right.

I signed the petition, I hope this makes continual progress.