Thread: Asked about open carry yesterday

Greater Metro Reidsville, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

Well yesterday,I was passing thruGastoniaon an extradition trip to GA.

We stopped at a resturaunt "China Buffet ?" on Union st.

The Managerstated;" I have this customer who comes in with a gun all the time in a holster and no badge !"

I try to explain to her that NC is a Open Carry stateand unless she post's a sign too the contrary he , the customer, is perfectly legal.

She seemed satisfied that the customer was not a threat,but" the other customers were complaining " at that point . I could only wish her luck..I don't have an answer for her problem.She's going to upset somebody..OC'er or the complainers.

Post imported post

Yeah, just an individual decision. Like smoking or non-smoking. Maybe she could put an open-carry section. LOL

Post imported post

I'm never offended by a "No-Carry" sign. It makes the decision mine to enter or not. I suppose that if she's worried about it, she'd bewell within her right to post.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

kenpofan wrote:
    Well yesterday,I was passing thruGastoniaon an extradition trip to GA.

We stopped at a resturaunt "China Buffet ?" on Union st.

The Managerstated;" I have this customer who comes in with a gun all the time in a holster and no badge !"

I try to explain to her that NC is a Open Carry stateand unless she post's a sign too the contrary he , the customer, is perfectly legal.

She seemed satisfied that the customer was not a threat,but" the other customers were complaining " at that point . I could only wish her luck..I don't have an answer for her problem.She's going to upset somebody..OC'er or the complainers.
    These situations always catch one off guard.

Thanks for sharing, though. Now we can plan out some possible handlings if the opportunity arises.

I'm thinking I'll leave out the part about signs. Maybe just tell her, "Oh, perfectly legal."

Then I might promote that he seems to like her place enough that he keeps coming, so he must think well of them. Probably the friendly service as much as the food.

Ah ha! That's it! The complainers are unpleasant and negative! Focus on the postive, pleasant aspects of the OC'er. Its human nature--most people naturally prefer the positive side of things. Even those who are kinda negative in life can be pried out of it temporarily (not the die-hard cynics, the borderline).

"I'm sure he appreciates the clean restaurant better thanso many places,like McDonalds.(Indirect compliment gains youpoints and your message isaccepted more easily.)

"Is he real friendly?" "More than some, you say?" "Yeah, we have fun customers at myjob. They always make the day better."

Etc.

She'll decide she likes him better than the complainers.Wouldn't be surprised if she gently tells thenext complainer that "he's a regular,don't worry."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Greater Metro Reidsville, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

I thought if a group of OC'ers were to visit..then she would see thepositive ($) side of a friendly OC enviorment.

As a side note.

I am always struck by the wish for folks to get a legal "Opinion " , My badge did not come with a law degree , And while I try to give thebest advice I can, it is not fool proof or alway's 100 % correct.

And not knowing if someone has a camera on me..I felt obligated to add the sign info.

I had no wish to appear on WBTV or WRALas the latest Dumb Cop.