• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now this is cop bashing

possumboy

imported post

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6231883

This guy posted a video talking about how cops in Philly need to be shot.

"This case will be watched very closely as it moves through the court system. It could set a precedent. Legal experts tell Action News the arrest, based on an internet video, is questionable in terms of First Ammendment Constitutional rights. The D.A. says free speech ends when you incite others to shoot police officers. "

Will be interesting if he can plead the First Amendment and win.

I could also think of a few other excuses they could give as to the production of the video.

One of "things" many of us that carry do not do is go around saying things like:
"I could just shoot him for that."
"Don't make me shoot you."
"I'll kill you."

I hear those lines from lots of people that do not carry. I just never say them because if I do have to defend myself, I don't want a witness saying "Possumboy said he would kill anyone that messed with his children" in court. Some DA may try to say I premeditated it.

At the least, the last thing I want is people to think I'm just looking for a reason to use my gun.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

the guy is obviously a moron.

but it is disturbing to me that someone can be arrested for what they say.

" Police used a battering ram on his door at six this morning."

the cops are showing their force because they can

"aggravated assault, making terroristic threats and corrupting a minor."

who did he assault?
terrorist threats? huh?
corrupting a minor?? you mean like the government does in pubic schools against their parents wishes on a dialy basis.

very disturbing

Legba

imported post

I am an unrepentantowner of the pre-censored Body Count album (complete with the feel-the-love-anthem "Cop Killer"), so this DA can indict me and Ice-T while he's at it.

-ljp

murphy2

imported post

Free speech should end when you "insite" anybody to shoot anybody, not just public servants. Why would, or should,it be worse to shoot cops than to shoot the average citizen? When someone opens there mouth to threaten killing you or those that reprecent the law. It should be treated as if they actualy attepted to do so. My opinion. They do it because there's no fear of reprisal.I hope this punk gets hisrearend handed to him.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Your liberty ends when it infringes upon the equal rights of others. Who lost liberty or property by him saying that? Looks like he was the only person in this to have his rights violated.

"corruption of minors" wtf?? we can charge people with "corruption of minors" if you feel what they're being told is bad and not good for them. Pretty soon people who teach their children the Bible will be arrested and charged with "corruption of minors"...

"We lost three officers in this city to guns. It's outrageous for him to be promoting this message," says Thomas Burke, of the Pennsylvania Gun Violence Task Force.

So he's admitting it's personal. That explains why the constitution is being ignored.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, etc were all guilty of "inciting others to violence" guilty of "making terrorist threats" and "corrupting minors" by the same definition used against this man.

People have been very quick to forget that the colonists took up arms against the British for far less "abuse" than Americans are enduring every single day.

Compare the "oppressive" taxes the British endured to the average middle-class family today.

The British never stooped so low as to tax a man's wages as if his life and labor had no value.

I don't know whether this man is technically guilty of a crime or not, and I'm certainly not endorsing his opinion that anyone should be murdered, regardless of their chosen occupation.

Never the less, we live in a society that is very tolerant of fascism, statism and the abuse of civil liberties. How quickly we have forgotten history.

murphy2

imported post

Using the founding fathers. They where willing to back up what they said and they did. As for the reason, yes it was treason to say it. We as a nationare founded on rebellion. That being said. Why would you make threats against people orthreats of any kind, unless you plan to fallow through? It all comes down to when you open your mouth be prepared to back it up or face the consequence. We all know you can't yell fire if there ain't one. Why didn't he say I don't like cops. But instead makes threats. Glad thats all he did. Freedom comes with responsibility. It's people like him that gives people like us a bad name. I'm sure the police found firearms in his house. Now because of him, every single one of us "could" be dangerous to police. Or so they'll say/use it.As for all the charges. You know they'll get you for everything they can. If they can get it to fly in a court it becomes law and setslegal precedent.It means more power for them. Free speech and threats are two different things. You can make threats and you may regret you did. Now he'll be free to defend himself in court. See the system works!

LEO 229

imported post

Not sure why he was arrested... free speech comes into play here.

Not the brightest things to say but at least he is giving a warning.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sticks and stones...

<shrug>

BTW Murphy, as someone here once eloquently said "you are obligated to yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater when there is in fact a fire".

Legba, IceT has "artistic license" to incite violence in his work as a performer, according to liberals. Then why doesn'tthis man enjoy the same artistic license? Is creating a video for consumption on the internet any less a performance than rhyming cop killing statements on compact disc? What makes it different? Delivery method, or even the ability to profit from the speech? Note that the officers in the Tony's 7 incident were not spanked for calling them 'assclowns' amongst themselves, thereby promoting prejudice and harrassment of LAC under COL.

You don't have a constitutional right to NOT be offended. Live and let live. No harm, no foul.

Legba

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Sticks and stones...

<shrug>

BTW Murphy, as someone here once eloquently said "you are obligated to yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater when there is in fact a fire".

Legba, IceT has "artistic license" to incite violence in his work as a performer, according to liberals. Then why doesn'tthis man enjoy the same artistic license? Is creating a video for consumption on the internet any less a performance than rhyming cop killing statements on compact disc? What makes it different? Delivery method, or even the ability to profit from the speech? Note that the officers in the Tony's 7 incident were not spanked for calling them 'assclowns' amongst themselves, thereby promoting prejudice and harrassment of LAC under COL.

You don't have a constitutional right to NOT be offended. Live and let live. No harm, no foul.
Well, I'm certainly a "liberal" in that sense then. Still, this situationis a tad different from simple lack of tact/refinement/taste in music. I'm curious what the courts will make of it. I suspect thatin the current political climate, he'll get racked somehow.

-ljp

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The man who made the video is a moron, tool, idiot, and jackass to name a few. I don't feel bad that his dumb ass sitting in a jail cell. On the other hand, I feel bad for this nation that his dumb ass is sitting in a jail cell. When did law enforcement become about personal feelings enforcement?

On another note, from the story, "Moore allegedly posted this video on the internet demonstrating how to use a Colt 275 to shoot cops." WTF is a Colt 275 :uhoh:.

The video is no longer up and the only references I find in google to "Colt 275" refer back to this video excepting: Polaris apparently made a model "Colt 275 cc" back in the 60s, there are colts with lot number 275 at horse auctions and there is a "Colt 2.75" silicon pump sleeve" for a certain brand of penis pump.

Edit: We, as a society, used to not have problems with people like this guy who say such stupid things. We gave him a specific type of hat, took away anything that could hurt him or he could use to hurt someone else and had him wander around the village doing odd jobs and delivering things for people. We did not jail him or beat him for being such an obvious stupid douche. We simply called him the village idiot.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Legba wrote:
I suspect thatin the current political climate, he'll get racked somehow.
Undoubtedly.

I only mentioned the above to point out the hypocrisy. Another example (OT, but also demonstrating the hypocrisy of the left in their effort to destroy this country) :

• You maynot create local law to assist the Federal government in enforcement of immigration.
  • You may create local law to ignore the Federal government's attempt to enforce immigration laws. (Sanctuary cities, etc.)
Rule of law only applies when it suits their purpose.

Gunslinger

imported post

Being a moron is not constitutionally protected. States differ on "threats" against authority, but generally it is illegal to threaten a judge. It is a violation of Federal Law to threaten many elected officials, particularly the president. But of course, common sense says it's stupid to threaten anybody without due cause. This guy is sorely lacking in common sense, at least, and obviously deeply disturbed and a pos at most.

imperialism2024

imported post

Absent the video, I can't make much of a judgement about the issue overall.

It does scream "free speech" to me. Unless he was making a specific and immediate threat, he's good to go. Unfortunately, he lives in Philadelphia, where the rule of law does not apply. My guess is that the charges will be dropped, and the guy who made the video will not have the knowledge, money, or desire to pursue criminal and civil complaints against the police department. Especially having been essentially blacklisted from employment after this incident.

What makes me feel that he is more innocent than guilty is the fact that the police went in to arrest him in such an egregious manner. Clearly, if someone is so great of a threat, you don't go barging into his house, where he is arguably the best prepared to kill the cops who are entering. And if he is inciting so much anti-police sentiment, you don't violate him and cause... more anti-police sentiment. So, it seems to me that the police (or DA, or whoever made the push for these arrests) knew he wasn't a threat, but wanted to do this to make a point. And ironically, will turn more people against the police than the guy in the video could ever hope to do.

ETA: By the way, is the guy in the video anyone on this forum? :lol:

possumboy

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
ETA: By the way, is the guy in the video anyone on this forum? :lol:

I really hope not! I see the smiley, but just wanted to get that out there.

I don't agree with him threatening anyone - cops or law abiding citizens. I can think of several reasons outside of true intent to make a video like that. None of them good reasons.

"I was just playing a character from GTA if it took place here in Philly. You should see some of the ones I made with wife."

"I'm just trying to get started in Mock-u-mentary about guy from Philly which wants to hunt down cops."

I don't really believe these are any of the reasons.

The report also stated they used a battering ram to break down the door. Sounds like a no knock warrant to me. Not that battering rams are not used at other times. They just didn't knock on the door and ask him to come quietly.

murphy2

imported post

Problem is. Like I had said in another post. With this ambiguous supreme court ruling. People that can be found to be "INSANE" will loose there right to keep and bear arms. Rightly so. But some how this will be twisted that everyone that owns arms is out to get the "cops" or government. These people that represent us have to know that we are not out to "get them" or overthrow them. The good Americans will be there to defend them if called upon. Read up on the history of what the government of Hawaii did after Peril Harbor.Everyone of us that practice our "right" must defend our lawful authorities figures.Until they try and remove our"ARMs or rights". Free-speech is one of the greatest freedoms we have. But like all freedom has to be used with respect to the people and the government. I as a soldier in the Army would not like folks saying "I'm going to kill army personnel as they leave there post/forts. That is treason. They represent the peoples government. Armyofficers areRepresentatives of the president. The police are Representatives of there city governments (the people). While growing up I was told you don't make "threats" "youdo". You have to question people that say things against the people. In this case the peoples reps. Again,you open your mouth,you get what'scoming to you,good or bad!

Gunslinger

imported post

"It's a shame he was able to work in a place where one of our officers was taken," said FOP president John McNesby. "He's scum of the earth, and there's not much more you can say about it than that."

Yeah you can. You can say "malicious slander." I'm not defending the a-hole, or disagreeing with McNesby, but calling someone a name like that is slander. He has no protected speech against a private citizen. On the other hand, the pos can say McNesby is a jackbooted, brainless scumbag and be protected because of his position. Funny how it works in our legal system.

tattedupboy

imported post

I'm not condoning what this guy did or said, but the grounds upon which he was arrested, at least according to the police who arrested him, are questionable at best, and nonexistent at worst. People say things like this all the time, although most of them don't videotape themselves doing it and put it on the internet for the world to see. Let's suppose he said these things without videotaping it and an officer heard it. Would he still have been arrested? Not the smartest thing in the world to do, but still an overreaction by the police who arrested him.